Eye To Eye - Scorpions

Eye To Eye - Scorpions

1 CD(s) - Pop Metal - Label: East West - Distributor: Cinram Logistics - Released: 29/03/1999 - 639842683029

Review of "Eye To Eye - Scorpions"

published 28/08/2005 | orliga
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Fresh new side of the Scorpions.
Cons None.
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"A bit of a surprise, very interesting!"

I bought the album in 2000, a year after it came out.
I thought a bit before I decided to do it, as I read a lot of negative reviews on this album.
People were saying it was a sell-out, pop piece and that the Scorpions had forgotten their roots.

Well, how glad I am I didnt listen! If it is a pop piece, then it's a masterpiece!

It is obviously different from their hard rock sound. I'd say it's more moden maybe. The melodies are still great, still rocking and it still has those great ballds, but in a different guitar tune and with some other effects!

I thought about making a song list and writing about each song, but as I started I realised I cant define the style of each song. This album is rocky, but mostly happy rock, besides "Mind like a tree" and "Yellow butterfly" which are a bit harder.

It has great lyrics, both the serious ones and the jokey ones (such as To Be #1). The romantic ones are as emotional as ever.

It's a different side of the Scorpions, a very nice one indeed!

• Bollinger28 published 29/08/2005
    Tell us more about the Scorpians and their music. You have assumed that the reader of your review is familiar with their work and they won't all be. Tell us more about the music on this album and the best and worst tracks.
  • krissiebea published 28/08/2005
    Hi welcome - Zoo has a point! Cheers Krissie xx
  • zoobremia published 28/08/2005
    Hi, a warm welcome in here, anyway, why somewhat helpful ? Why is this one a different side to the rest ? Well, why can I see 3 guys on the cover, are they 3 now ? Which songs are to hear except the two ones You named in here ? Well, You don't have to describe all songs, but maybe a few can help a lot ... Well, this one can be helpful, if all songs are listed and maybe 2-3 songs are described, maybe the untypical one, and two outstanding ones ... Many regards, Sven (Zoobremia)