Face Melter (iPad Application)

Face Melter (iPad Application)

App from Nico Becherer - Genre: Entertainment

Review of "Face Melter (iPad Application)"

published 29/04/2012 | carlz2001
Member since : 21/11/2009
Feeling a little happier with the site. Maybe my DIAMOND had something to do with it?! : )
Pro Entertainment value
Cons Paid app, relatively short life
Usability

"Facemelter - Melt the face!"

After recently getting an iPad, I have spent hours scouring the internet and the iTunes store for apps that I can download. The majority have been free but I have bought a few along the way too. The Facemelter app is a paid app and I paid £1.49 in the iTunes store.

You will find this app in the entertainment category and although it has a relatively short life it is thoroughly entertaining. Released in 2008, it has been nominated for the Best App Ever Awards in 2008, and is the winner of the iPhone App Excellence Award in 2008. It can be bought and downloaded for the iPad or the iPhone.

The basic concept of the app is to take a picture or yourself or friends and family (or use ones already saved in the images section) and basically edit it to make the face melt! You can magnify the eyes and deform the images to however you want, to produce funny pictures which can be saved to the images section of the device.

It is really easy to use and is really fun but you won’t play with it for long. We found that we played with it for 15 or so minutes and then went on to something else, but every time someone new comes around we show them the app, so you will use it on and off but it certainly won’t be one that you use all the time. The quality of the images are good, although we have found that the camera in general on the iPad is quite grainy and not of the same quality as the iPhone so this may be a better app for the phone than it is the iPad.

uTube has a demonstration that you can watch to show you how to use the app but I really don’t think you will need to see this as it is so easy to use and so straightforward.

I would recommend the app for entertainment value if you don’t mind parting with the small price of £1.49 but there are plenty of other apps such as fatify which are free and are just as entertaining.

Size: 7.4 Mb.

Flickr Support.

Languages: English, German and Italian.

Price: Currently £1.49 for version 3.21.

• Sam_Garland published 29/04/2012
    Good review - nice and concise :-) Sam.
  • Nar2 published 29/04/2012
    I think this would scare me lol!