Fairy Pure Clean Antibacterial Action

Fairy Pure Clean Antibacterial Action

Washing Up Liquid

Review of "Fairy Pure Clean Antibacterial Action"

published 12/10/2009 | donnabroom
Member since : 24/04/2005
Ahh - stop telling me "rating the review is only possible after the entire revies has been read"! I have read the review!!!!!!
Pro Lasts ages, Antibacterial
Cons None
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Big Blue"

Fairy Pure Clean:

When the other half came home from hospital after a heart procedure, I was told that he would be susceptible to infection for a while and that I should give our flat a good cleaning. I probably overreacted and went a huge shopping spree buying every antibacterial product I could find! One of the better products I got was Fairy Pure Clean washing up liquid.

On the shelf the bottle is easily distinguishable as a bottle of Fairy due the familiar baby branding and Fairy logo and indeed, the shape of the bottle as well. As well as the usual stuff you’d expect to find on the bottle there is a logo letting us know that Fairy Pure Clean is certificated by the Royal Institute of Public Health, (www.rsph.org.uk), and another to show that is antibacterial. Fairy have made a slight mistake by writing “antibacterial action” in the same colour, (blue), as the liquid on a clear bottle with a clear label. It is basically unreadable and should probably be in white so that it is clear. The bottle features the arrows logo on the base showing that is recyclable.

As I have previously mentioned Fairy Pure Clean is blue which is common for antibacterial products and I do think it looks the part. It is supposedly scented with eucalyptus but to be honest I cannot smell it at all, it just has a faintly sweeter edge than the green Fairy Liquid. As with all Fairy Washing Up Liquids you really don’t need a lot to get a good lather and because I have a dish washer too a bottle lasts me ages, (the bottle I got was 650ml and in just over 3 months I have used just over half of the bottle). I do try cheaper washing up liquids from time to time but I always end up going back to Fairy.

I find that this washing up liquid really cuts through grease and grime really well especially as I only use when I think something is too dirty for the dishwasher to handle or too delicate for the dishwasher. I always soak really dirty things, (like lasagne dishes), for about quarter of an hour in a weak washing up liquid solution prior to washing them and they always come clean with minimal effort. I do get dry hands but I hate rubber gloves so I wash up with bare hands and Fairy doesn’t aggravate them or make them worse so that is a good thing.

Obviously I cannot vouch for the antibacterial properties but having the certificate from the RIPH is reassuring and I can be fairly certain that is doing what it’s supposed to. On the back you are advised to put a couple of drops onto your washing up sponge after you have finished to keep the sponge free from germs and I think that is a good idea. I wash the cat toys in this too to keep them clean knowing that it won’t hurt the cat.

A 650ml bottle currently costs £1.81 at Tescos but I am fairly sure it was half price when I got it, the 450ml bottles are currently 2 for £2.00.

I really like Fairy Pure Clean and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good antibacterial washing up liquid but I definitely wait until it’s on offer and stock up!

• TheHairyGodmother published 13/10/2009