Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid Lemon"

published 18/04/2011 | angelboouk123
Member since : 01/06/2010
Busy working Mum to two boys and married to the love of my life <3
Pro smell, quality, effects
Cons some may say the price in comparrison with other brands
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Lemony Freshness For My Dishes"

Fairy is a washing up liquid and laundry detergent brand from Procter and Gamble. Fairy Washing Up Liquid celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2010.

The original Fairy Liquid is green but other variations have been released. Now you can purchase this washing up liquid in various scents including apple, lemon, pink petals etc and also anti bacterial and kind to hand versions. This review discusses the use of the lemon variety which is part of the scent-sations collection from Fairy.

The Lemon variety is said to offer a zesty lemon aroma which will zing up your kitchen. It is to be used with hot water to clean your dishes and claims to have up to 50% more grease cutting power than the next best selling washing up liquid brand.

Design

The original Fairy Liquid was released in a white, round plastic bottle but times have changed. The Lemon variety still comes in a plastic bottle but is chunky and curved with gripping indents for easy handling. The plastic is clear allowing the yellow liquid to be seen within and a chunky red flip lid sits on top concealing the dispensing hole. A large label confirming the scent, brand etc is at the front and an image of a walking toddler offers a familiar approch. A small lable at the back confirms the ingredients, warnings etc. Once used up, the bottle can be recycled.
Availability and Price

Fairy Liquid Lemon is available in supermarkets. A 650ml bottle is regularly priced at £1.43 in Asda but there is currently a reduction to only £1.00. Tesco offer a 433ml bottle at £1.00 or the bigger size at £1.55 on a 2 for £1.00 offer.

My Experience

Doing dishes is a daily task in my house and not one I particularly enjoy. To make things easier, I depend on a good quality washing up liquid.to help me out. I have tried store brands and other major brands such as Morning Fresh but always go back to Fairy. In my opinion, Fairy Liquid is the best washing up liquid and it may be a tad more expensive than other brands but it is well worth it.
Decisions Decisions

The choice of scents available is growing and I think I have tried most of them. I am not keen on the original Fairy scent but adore apple. I picked up the Lemon in an offer a few weeks ago and this must be the second or third time I've bought this particular scent. I believe I paid £1.00 for my big bottle which is great value. The bottle is sufficient and well designed..it looks pretty sitting on my window sill in the kitchen away from my toddlers grubby mitts! The liquid inside is bright yellow and appears runny with noticeable gloopiness about it and little bubbles throughout.

Fill Up The Sink and Get Washing!

My dishes are usually washed fairly quickly after using them but sometimes I leave them sitting in the basin til I have time to wash them. Pots and pans usually need soaking and this is wear my Fairy Liquid comes into action. In the bottle, the scent is very concentrated and fresh with a hint of sweetness. Once my dishes are in the basin, I can run the hot water and squeeze a tiny, and I mean tiny drop of Fairy Liquid into the basin.

The liquid mixes with the water without me needing to swirl it in. The bubbles that start to produce are fluffy and white clinging to the dishes and filling my kitchen with a favourable, clean lemony aroma. If I leave the dishes to soak in the bubble, hot water for even 10mins, I return to a fairly easy task. I use cheap Smart Price scourers and these work well in conjunction with the Fairy Liquid and hot water.

My Fairy Liquid has to cope with various food stains from spaghetti to soup and dried on pasta to burnt marks on my baking trays. I use it on all my cuttlery, cups and plates as well as my pans and trays. The small drop of Fairy Liquid is more than sufficient to cling to my dishes and dissolve the food stains as it soaks. When it comes to rinsing the dirt off the dishes, it gives way very easily and only need a quick rub over with a wet scoury for the stubborn stains.

If I need a plate washed in a hurry, I can wet it and put a small amount of this liquid onto my scoury. Running under the water, the surface marks on the plates sweep off rather quickly so soaking isn't always needed to perform at a high standard. In any cases, I can rinse the dishes under reasonably hot water and the plates come up clean and rather shiny which is always a good result. The scent doesn't stick to them meaning I am safe to use the dishes without fear of tasting lemons! It does seep to stick to the glasses and they need extra rinses to be full rid of the suds. The bubbles in the basin last the duration of my washing time which is brilliant.

Another use for this washing up liquid is on spills in my livingroom carpet. If I spill juice or any food, a quick dose of this on a scoury allows it to foam up to the surface and brings it up out my carpet to avoid it staining. It also leaves my carpet smelling fresh and lemony which I like!
Recommendation

Having used this particular bottle for the past month or so, I can confirm that there is still around 400ml still present in the bottle. This high quality washing up liquid cleans my dishes to perfection by dissolving the mess left by food on them, The tiny amount needed makes this very economical and one bottle of Fairy Liquid lasts me a few months. Based on recent experience, a cheaper brand in the same size only lasted me a month and didn't have that same quality and generous smell as Fairy Liquid Lemon!

My hands also appreciate the bubbles that Fairy Liquid produces. Washing the dishes is a chore so to experience, soft, delicately scented hands is a bonus for me!

As I am sure you can tell, I recommend this washing up liquid.

• Coloneljohn published 03/05/2011
    Well reviewed. John
  • catsholiday published 19/04/2011
    I have moved to Tesco's own stuff anti bacterial and either lime or lemon - I find they are just as good.
  • loopy-lou33 published 18/04/2011