Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid Lemon"

published 11/02/2012 | mozzie76
Member since : 21/08/2008
I will only rate one review, per person, per day. It's only fair and allows me to share the love!
Pro A few drops is all you need
Cons none
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Wash away the dirt and grease with Fairy"

Although my wife and I have a dishwasher, we still occasionally wash up dishes the old fashion way in the kitchen wash sink, when we have delicate dishes or we need to wash something quickly. We use Fairy lemon washing up liquid for this purpose and have done for a number of years now. This washing up liquid costs us £1.80 for a 650 ml bottle from Tesco.

Fairy lemon washing up liquid comes in a transparent plastic bottle which is easy to grip with your hands. The lid is flip open and red in colour. The front label is circular, with a white background and features the Fairy logo in large red letters. The label also features the word lemon underneath the Fairy logo. There is a yellow strip around the edge of label with images of lemons on the left and a baby on the right. The back label features the details regarding the ingredients and the directions for use, which include a warning to keep away from eyes and not to use for extended periods if you have broken skin.

The liquid is yellow in colour and quite think in consistency, but is easy to squirt out of the bottle. It smells like lemons and is pleasant on the nose when you are washing the dishes. I only use a few drops of the liquid which is more than enough to produce sufficient bubbles in the water. I find it very easy to clean the dishes when I’m using this lemon version of Fairy washing up liquid as it cuts through the dirt and grease on the dishes without any effort. The dishes are left looking sparkling clean which is always a bonus.

I would always use Fairy washing up liquid and think that the lemon variety has a nice scent to it and does the job brilliantly. A 650ml bottle can last me a few months, especially as I use it occasionally, due to using my dishwasher most of the time. This is great value for money and as far as I’m concerned, it beats all the other washing up liquids on the market.

• Anna_Can_Fly published 29/02/2012
    As a new member Im just learning the ways of Ciao, and I was staggered you'd reviewed a product like this. But hey you did a good job and I agree it is more than fit for purpose-its a classic! Now I feel i have to get on with the washing up...boo! Ta A x
  • Coloneljohn published 22/02/2012
    It's good stuff. John
  • sweetybi published 11/02/2012
    I agree, fairy is the best :)