Fairy Washing Up Liquid

Fairy Washing Up Liquid

Washing Up Liquid

Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid"

published 17/11/2008 | lel1969
Member since : 13/07/2007
Have been soooooo busy lately, am slowly catching up, I miss being on here! Lel xx
Pro Does exactly as it claims to do.
Cons Slightly more expensive but worth it.
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Clean Pots AND Soft Hands!"

Usually being a sucker for a bargain and for cheaper products, one thing I will not compromise on is my washing up liquid. Having tried many different makes over the years I always find myself returning, without fail, to Fairy Liquid.

I have found throughout my many years as chief dishwasher that although Fairy Washing Up Liquid is slightly more expensive than others on the self, it does last much longer and therefore is just as economical as the other ones where you have to use maybe 2 or 3 squeezes to keep you going to the bottom of the dish pile. One little squeeze of Fairy Washing Up Liquid is more than enough to cut through the grease and keep the bubbles lasting until all my dishes are done and in my house there are ALWAYS plenty dishes. My kids don't seem to appreciate that if you want a second glass of juice you don't actually have to use another glass and refilling the same one is quite acceptable!! Most meals too, due to so many different tastes and likes in my family of 4 I usually find myself using all the pots and pans I own every mealtime, but my trusty Fairy Liquid always manages to cut through all the grease and grim to leave my dishes gleaming and squeaky clean again. If I happen to burn any of my shiny stainless steel pots, which I hate to admit does usually happen most days, then a little squeeze of Fairy Liquid added to the pot with some water and left to soak until your meal is finished helps the burnt pot to be cleaned with ease, again leaving a beautifully clean and shiny pot.

I have tried all of the different varieties of Fairy Liquid and all clean the dishes perfectly with plenty soapy subs left at the end of the dirty dish pile but my trusty favourite and the one I would now not be without is the Fairy Clean and Care Aloe Vera and Cucumber. This variety claims to not only clean your dishes but to keep your dishwashing hands feeling soft and gentle as well.

Does It Do What It Claims?

In a word "Yes!" My dishes are always beautifully squeaky clean with the Fairy bubbles still cutting through the grease by the end of the huge dish pile and my hands are definitely not as dry as they used to be. Not being one to wear rubber gloves and having quite dry skin on my hands anyway I do generally feel that Fairy Clean and Care does help to keep the skin on my hands softer. It doesn't feel quite as harsh as some of the other washing up liquids I've tried. It is an opaque, light green coloured liquid that to me seems a bit more like a bubble bath rather than a washing up liquid and it also has the added bonus of filling my kitchen with a fresh, crisp scent while I happily!! (not) wash my dishes.

At £1.37 per bottle from Tesco I would definitely recommend this to all you poor people out there who, like me, do not own a dishwasher. It does definitely give a better dishwashing performance with the added extras of keeping your hands soft and your kitchen smelling fresh!!

Thanks for reading.