Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid"

published 16/07/2010 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro foams up well, cleans good
Cons -
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Sparkling Clean Dishes"

When it comes to washing my dishes, I can get quite lazy. I do have a dishwasher but never tend to use it as it doesn't provide best results. I ended up buying myself Fairy Liquid while at the supermarket the other day as it is the original and always seems like the best when it comes to washing up liquids. They do have quite a few scents in the range now but I like the original green bottle as it is the one I always grew up with.

PACKAGING

The Fairy Liquid bottle comes in a clear bottle which narrows at the top where the red lid is fixed. It has the Fairy logo in red writing with the little baby symbol on the front and it looks sophisticated and easy to see. The colours differentiate the scents and the green is iconic for the original, you can also see the levels of products left with it being clear.
HOW TO USE

I am someone who has quite sensitive skin, so I need to watch when it comes to things like washing the dishes as I don't want it irritating my skin. I never tend to wear rubber gloves to do them either but I get my sponge ready to add the liquid onto it. I usually then run my sponge under the hot water and then start to scrub all of my dishes. I find that the sponge quickly foams up and it really does lather up a lot to really get cleaning the dirty stains.

I find for things like cutlery this easily cleans them ready to put on the drying rack. With items like saucepans or frying pans which have more stubborn stains and need to be soaked for longer, I put a little hot water in then squeeze the liquid in just so there are bubbles and leave it to soak.

I find after a few hours especially with leaving items to soak that the dirt usually comes off very quickly and the dishes look sparkling clean again and once they are dry there are no dirty marks. I also think with knives and forks etc the dirt if given a good scrub will always come off and they smell clean again and it feels like they have been properly cleaned. In the past, I have bought cheaper brands but they really don't foam up so I don't feel they are cleaning well.

I find after using Fairy Liquid, that my skin doesn't even feel irritated which is always a plus for me. My hands do actually feel quite smooth which is a bit of a bonus for me and I love the smell. Even when filling the sink up with water and adding this, it smells very strong and soapy and clean which is a nice smell when cleaning up.
RECOMMEND?

I am not too bothered normally about higher cost brands or budget brands but with Fairy Liquid, I definitely notice the different in it being a lot better results. It may cost that little bit more money but in the long run it is worth it as I hate when washing up liquids don't clean properly and you pick up a knife and it still has dirt from the meal before. This is an easy to use brand that will clean dishes and is well recommended by me.

COST

I purchased my bottle of original Fairy Liquid from my local shop but it is sold in all small corner shops, supermarkets, etc for the RRP of £1.40 for the 650ml and for the 450ml which is what I have it is 98p which is really cheap and it lasts for months even using it numerous times daily.
INGREDIENTS

15-30% Anionic Surfactants, 5-15% Non-ionic Surfactants, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Perfumes.

For more information on Fairy Liquid you can go to http://www.uk.pg.com/ the Procter & Gamble website or their official website at http://www.fairy-dish.com/ which has more details and is more interactive.

• paulpry118 published 18/07/2010