Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid"

published 14/04/2012 | MarcoG
Member since : 07/07/2006
Busy busy busy...golly gosh I'm busy
Pro Cleans well, smells good, lasts a long time
Cons Really can't think of any
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"You Gotta Love the Fairy"

Fairy Washing Up Liquid Original

Fairy Washing Up Liquid Original

I was doing my washing up this evening, and it dawned on me, how bloody brilliant Fairy Liquid is. It has been around for ages, 50 years to be precise - you probably remember the adverts from back in the day. It was always advertised as the washing up liquid that cares for your hands, as well as cleaning your dishes.

Their website claims that a 650ml bottle can last for up to 8 weeks. I find this quite extraordinary. I wash up, on average at least every other day. I bought a bottle of 500ml Fairy Liquid on offer, for £1, back in February...and I'm still using it. Admittedly, I don't have much left, but I still have it. Talk about bargain, right?

But is it any good? In my opinion, absolutely. A little goes a long, long way. It takes seconds to lather up on a sponge, and also when added to running water. I find that I only need to use a blob about the size of a 2 pence piece, and it lasts for a whole wash (I class a 'wash' as being on average, 5 plates, 10 pieces of cutlery, 5 glasses, a few pots and a few other random bits and bobs). The suds last a long time, which is important to point out, if you are a stickler for value.

The smell is fresh and citrus-like, in a rather pleasant way I might add. The viscosity is thick, but doesn't leave any unwanted residue. All it does leave is a sparkling shine on most things it cleans, including any grease, which is cleaned off perfectly. For burnt on stubborn food stains, you may need to let them soak in the suds before cleaning, but I have never had a problem with Fairy not being able to clean or wash up efficiently.

As for caring for your hands, well, it's OK, but I wouldn't say it makes mine particularly soft. At the same time though, I wouldn't say it dries them out either. If you have sensitive skin, it might be worth having some hand cream on stand by.

There are plenty of sizes available in all supermarkets and most corner shops. There is also a nice selection of 'flavours' to mix up your aromas whilst doing the dishes. Fairy also make other cleaning products, and have also added extra moisturisers to a selection of their washing up liquids, to help make those hands even softer.

For more info, go here: www.fairy-dish.com

Recommended