Review of "Fairy Washing Up Liquid"

published 18/04/2012 | loopylou1234
Member since : 02/12/2011
Thanks for stopping by. I've 2 daughters and a beagle who keep me busy :) You may also see my reviews on other sites with the same user name
Pro Effective cleaning, a little goes along way, gentle on your hands
Cons None that I can find
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"My favourite washing up liquid!"

I'm always trying to save the pennies here and there and I have tried quite a few budget household products in the last few years (especially now I'm a 'stay at home mum'), but this is one thing I have decided it is worth paying for.

This is a product I remember my mum buying when I was younger and my mum and my nan still buy it now! The original fairy washing up liquid.

-- The Packaging --

The bottle is clear plastic 650ml bottle with a red plastic flip top lid. It has the fairy logo on the front of the bottle in large red letters which makes it stand out against the green liquid inside the bottle. The bottle that I have is the one which has 'Make a Wish, help make their wishes come true'. This was in aid of the Make a Wish foundation, which grants special wishes to children with life threatening conditions. On the bottle (on the back in VERY small writing) it says that 8% is donated to Make a Wish Ireland and 92% to Make A Wish Uk. The bottle has a shaped indent in it which makes it easier to hold.

-- The Product --

This washing up liquid is one of a few products which doesn't irritate my hands or make them sore. I seem to spend a lot of my time washing up, as my husband seems to have forgotten where the sink is!! The liquid is green and smells fresh, you only need to squirt a little bit of this into hot water as it creates a lot of bubbles. That is why I find cheaper washing up liquids false economy as you need to use a lot more for a similar result.

I find this very effective at cleaning dishes, and glasses come up streak free and shiny. When I have baked on food in casserole dishes, I tend to squirt a bit of this in with hot water and leave it to soak for a few minutes and then it comes clean easily.

-- Price and Availability --

This is available in most shops which sell cleaning products. I bought this when it was on offer in Asda I think I paid £2 for 2 650ml bottles, which I think is a great price. Especially as with this bottle money was also being raised for charity.

-- Overall Summary --

I love this washing up liquid and can now see why it has remained a favourite with my mum and nan over all these years. Effective product and a bottle lasts a long time as you a little goes along way. I would definitely recommend this.

Thanks for reading.