Fake Bake Self Tanning Mousse

Fake Bake Self Tanning Mousse

Review of "Fake Bake Self Tanning Mousse"

published 22/01/2012 | princesstasha
Member since : 03/09/2008
Pro Easy to apply, lasts for days, stays relatively even, dark yet natural in colour, dries quickly
Cons Usual fake tan smell, rubs off on bed sheets, a little on the pricey side.
How intensive is the tanning?
How even is the tanning?
How easily is it absorbed?
How long does it take to see a result

"Fake Bake Has A New Fan!"

End Result

End Result

So I've jumped from self tanning product to self tanning product in the search for 'the one'. I love to be a nice brown colour when i go out, not only does it make you look slimmer but also makes you feel great about yourself! I found that this product really gave me a lovely golden colour, that didn't give me the dreaded 'tango' look. My male friends even commented saying it looked as though i had been on holiday, which is a massive compliment from them believe me!

So i have an olive skintone, so choose to go just a few shades darker as everyone loves a tan! Im not sure how this product would take to lighter skintones, as my friend who has a fair skint colour tried it and said she didn't recommend it for those who are a pale as the mousse didnt seem to take well to her skin colour.

First of all follow the instructions with the exfoliating and moisturising procedure to ensure the best finish. The fake bake products for this part aren't essential in my opinion as i find they are somewhat overpriced and a cheaper brand will provide the same preparation needed but at a much more admirable price.The application was really easy, I used a mit and worked section by section (arms, legs, back etc) covering my whole body in the mousse, it wasn't time consuming at all, taking around 15 minutes. You may find it helpful to get a friend or boyfriend to tan your back as my short arms didnt agree with covering all areas!

I found that one layer didnt really produce the colour I wanted to go for, so decided to add another layer around 2 hours later, this is obviously optional depending on your desired colour intensity. This produced a lovely golden colour that I was delighted with, and found myself recieving compliments all night. It took around 2 hours to develop, and then developed a little more over the next hour or so. Further more, it took around 3 days and 3 showers) for the colour to wear off which was great, as it did so evenly aswell (no dreaded water marks!)

The main downside I found was when I woke up the next morning, my sheets had been layered in a smudge of brown/orange, however this did come out in the wash and is something you experience with the majority of self tanning products. Another downside some may complain of is the smell, though I found it personally, to be quite pleasant - especially in comparison to other tanning products I have used.

On the whole, I was extremely happy with my experience of using the Fake Bake Mousse. I managed to snap it up in the sale in Boots for around £13, and you can buy it online for £14.99 from stores such as Amazon. At this price I would be more than happy to buy it again, however I think I would be somewhat reluctant to pay the full retail price of around £20 for it from stores such a Boots when it isn't in a promotional period.

I have attached a picture to show the final result, thanks for reading!

• princesstasha published 23/01/2012
    Thanks guys! x
  • jodiestokes published 22/01/2012
    I must say it really does look very natural, you look great too. x
  • angelboouk123 published 22/01/2012