FallDown! HD (iPad)

FallDown! HD (iPad)

For iPad

Review of "FallDown! HD (iPad)"

published 18/04/2014 | wazza115
Member since : 31/03/2012
Happy Easter everyone, still catching up on my rates :)
Pro Simple, easy to use,
Cons None really
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Falling"

When it comes to games, I don’t really like strategy, I much prefer basic or arcade style and this is reflected in the choice on my IPad. This was one of the first games that I ever downloaded and amazingly, it has stood the test of time as several years later and it is still on there.

I remember that it was free to download which I like as I don’t really like paying for games. It installed really quickly too and it is quite small so doesn’t take up much memory.

How to play

When you start, a little red ball falls down from the top of the screen which is covered in a series of green horizontal lines which have holes in (they are like platforms and reminds me a bit of Donkey Kong). The aim of the game is to get the ball down to the bottom of the, through these holes by screen by tilting your phone left or right. All the time you are doing this, the screen is moving upwards too which means if you are not quick enough, your ball will get squashed and its game over.

Points are awarded every time you drop onto the next line. To make things a little more interesting, as you move down the screen, there are sometimes purple coloured question marks and if you run in to one of them, you get a reward. The rewards vary from and extra 5 points, freezing the screen, or making your ball go faster. Sometimes these rewards are placed in positions you cannot reach (for example if you are one side of the hole in the platform and the reward is the other), you also only have a split second sometime in deciding whether to try and get them as the top of the screen soon catches up with you.

After dropping through a number of green platforms, the platforms change to purple and the closing down of the screen gets a little faster, then you move onto blue and then yellow, unfortunately, it’s normally at this point that I get ‘squashed’ so I am not sure what comes next.
Graphics and sounds

When it comes to sounds, I wasn’t expecting too much with the game, the sounds are basic, just beeps, tings etc when you drop down a platform or get a reward. To be honest, based on the simplicity of the game, I am not sure what else this needs and also, I tend to have the sounds turned off when I am playing.

With regards to graphics, as I mentioned earlier, the screen in black with coloured lines across so nothing to fancy here either, but in my opinion, it doesn’t need to be anything more.
Overall

Although I am not a regular player of this now, if I am out and my internet signal is poor, I quite often have a flick through my apps and this is always a game I enjoy playing. I remember when I first started playing this, my partner and I got quite competitive over who could get the highest score.

The game is fun and can be quite addictive therefore I would recommend and give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

• RICHADA published 19/04/2014
    Sadly RICHADA doesn't do games. R.
  • Dentolux published 19/04/2014
    Sounds like this makes good use of the iPad's motion sensor.
  • GeekStreet published 19/04/2014