Farmhouse Potato Bakers Ready Baked Jacket Potato & Cheesy Beans

Farmhouse Potato Bakers Ready Baked Jacket Potato & Cheesy Beans

Baked Potatoes

Review of "Farmhouse Potato Bakers Ready Baked Jacket Potato & Cheesy Beans"

published 28/10/2010 | Martinscholes
Member since : 06/12/2003
Pro Fast and tasty
Cons Maybe I should haved bought two?
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"A great meal in minutes"

Farmhouse Potato Bakers Ready Baked Jacket Potato with cheesy beans a tasty treat in minutes.

Sounds like an advertising slogan, but it isn't. Just my opinion of this product.

Due to pressure of work I had not eaten and my colleagues suggested that I should get something to eat.

Yes... but what? I entered a nearby frozen food store (Heron) and thought about a microwave burger, or pizza, but somehow neither of those options appealed.

After several moments of thought, gazing through the clear tops of the chest freezer display cabinets I spotted: Farmhouse Potato Bakers Ready Baked Jacket Potato with Cheesy Beans.

Ah. That looked interesting! And it can be either oven baked or cooked in a microwave, which would make the ideal late office lunch.

I carefully read the instructions (sometimes I surprise even myself!) and noticed that I would need to cook it for 6 minutes, leave it to stand for 2 minutes, cook for another 4 minutes, then leave to stand for a further 2 minutes before I could eat it.

So a baked potato in under 15 minutes? Is that even possible? The proof, as they nearly say, is in the eating.

It was a truly delicious baked potato with just the right amount of baked beans and cheese.

The potato was fluffy and tasted as near enough to home cooked as you could get with a shop bought product, in my opinion.

The company Farmhouse Potato Bakers Limited point out that it was founded by a farming family in the mid-1980s and that they carefully source the potatoes that they use in their jacket potato ready meals. I can only say that the potato I ate for my lunch confirmed that they really do take care when sourcing their potatoes.

And at only 99p, it is a real bargain, too!

It would make a great snack meal for lunch (as I did) or it would go nicely with perhaps a pie or a meat pudding, for example.

If you do not own a microwave it can be baked in an oven in 25 minutes. It comes in an ovenproof plastic cooking pot.

You can visit their website at www.farmhousepotatobakers.co.uk/

The firm is based in Yorkshire.

• SweetTooth93 published 23/01/2011
    They do sound very handy but...a ready made baked potato??? REALLY? whatever next!
  • rojm published 23/11/2010
    this is the kind of thing I need when I am working a Saturday will look out for this as it is a good price
  • JAVER1967 published 23/11/2010