Feast Ice Cream

Feast Ice Cream

Review of "Feast Ice Cream"

published 19/04/2007 | daylehall
Member since : 02/07/2004
Happy New Year everyone :-)
Pro 3 different textures, cheap compared to other ice creams
Cons Quite fattening
Smell
Product Quality

"Fancy A Feast?"

With all the warm weather we have been having lately, I thought I would review one of my favourite ice creams - The Feast.

Price
I tend to buy my feast lollies from either my local garage where they are 70p or from the ice cream man where he sells them for a rip off price of 90p.

Packaging
The Feast comes wrapped in a paper outer covering which is blue and has a picture of the Feast printed on it. The paper is very easy to tear off and I find that it is wise not to leave the lolly in the packaging for too long as it melts and sticks to the packaging as you undo it!

About The Feast Ice Cream
Feast is made by Wall's. There are various flavours including plain (chocolate) mint and toffee. The original feast (the one I am reviewing) consists of a solid chocolate centre, which is covered in chocolate ice cream. The outside of the lolly consists of a thin layer of chocolate with biscuit bits moulded into it.

What Does It Taste Like?
Personally I really do like Feast's. The contrast of the different textures of chocolate work really well together and I like to eat my lolly layer by layer. I find that Feasts are different from other lollies as they consist of chocolate and ice cream all in one lolly.
The outer layer of chocolate is light and crispy and the biscuit bits add variety to this. The ice cream is chocolaty and creamy and finally you are left with a solid lump of chocolate in the middle - personally this is my favourite bit!

Range Of Wall's Ice Cream
As I mentioned earlier, Feast is produced by Wall's who currently sell many ice creams including: Magnums, Twister, Solero, Cornetto, Vienneta and hundreds more. You would actually be quite surprised to see a full list of their ice creams as it would appear that they produce nearly all the ones on the market.

The Feast Compared To Other Wall's Ice Creams
Although the Feast is still one of my favourite ice creams, it is by no means as indulgent as some of the Magnums. I find that the quality of chocolate in the Magnums seems to be higher and could almost pass for Cadbury chocolate but with the feast, the thick chocolate in the middle doesn't taste as creamy. On the whole though, I think the Feast fits in well with the rest of the range produced by Wall's.

Summary
This is a classic ice cream which has stood the test of time and is still a firm favourite in my household. It is fairly cheap compared to some other ice creams (such as Magnums etc) and is original compared to other ice creams due to the three different textures within the one lolly.

• BadCompany2007 published 03/05/2007