Federal Express

Federal Express

Review of "Federal Express"

published 02/11/2009 | Nixu1980
Reliability of company
Competitiveness of charges/prices
Customer service

"Reliable Delivery Service"

I worked for 4 1/2 years as an office manager at a company and the only company I would use for international couriers was Fedex and never had a significant problem with them.

Fedex provides a professional and efficient courier service both internationally and for domestic shipments of all sizes. They offer various time frames for delivery from next day by 9am international courier to longer transit times. You obviously pay for the speed and it can be very expensive if wanting a delivery for the next morning (e.g London to New York would cost £30+). That said, they have always deliered on time and nothing has ever gone missing.

Ordering is easy and can be done either by phone or internet. Customer care has always been of a high quality and the people who pick up and deliver items have always been very pleasant and personable.

The only slight problem I had was once when they had trouble finding an address. in this instance they held and redelivered the package numerous times at no extra cost. I never got to the bottom of who was at fault for the delivery delay as it was a delivery to a remote farm in France and the occupiers claimed the delivery never came, and Fedex claimed no-one was ever in. Either way, it got there in the end.

This aside, I haven't had any trouble but then again most shipments have been from London to major international cities, so perhaps the France incident is indicative of the service to more remote destinations.

I suppose my advice would be that they are excellent for pick-ups and deliveries to major cities mainly because this is the bulk of my experience with them.

• kevin121 published 03/11/2009
    We've never had to post internationally, so I've never had to try them, but a good review though.

Product Information : Federal Express