Fellowes CD/DVD envelope

Review of "Fellowes CD/DVD envelope"

published 02/03/2015 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Pro Fair quality, useful, much cheaper than cases.
Cons Only protection from scratching and no strength, many other brands to choose from.
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Handy Fellowes to have around"

First impressions

Simple products like the Fellowes CD/DVD Envelopes often go unnoticed. You may not think they are worth mentioning, though when you think about they could come in rather handy when you are copying all those discs and have nowhere to store them. Often you can buy blank discs on a spike, though as they do not have individual cases they are difficult to look after without damaging them. This is where these envelopes come in.

I have used the Fellowes range of office and audio supplies in the past and I have not had any problems. What we have here is a square envelope made from paper with a flap on the top. Then we have a circular hole in the front of it which has a piece of acetate stuck to the back of it. This completes the design, so it is very simple. Yet it is a very cheap and easy solution to protecting those important discs from damage.

My experience

I own so many different types of CD at home and a lot of what I own now are simply full of music I have ripped from the internet. Some of my compilation CD's are my own and I just pick the songs that I want onto a blank disc, which I sometimes buy on a spike. The problem here is that you end up with a lot of discs with music on them or files and you just cannot store them safely without scratching them. This is where the Fellowes CD/DVD Envelope comes in useful.

These CD/DVD Envelopes are very simple but extremely effective. Instead of having to leave a disc to gather dust or to become scratched faced down on a desk, you can simply slip them into these envelopes and they are as safe as they would be in a plastic wallet. The obviously disadvantage here is that you cannot see a great deal of the disc. You must either put it in with the face of the disc facing down, or write on the paper and plastic envelope just what is inside.

These envelopes are perfect for either CD's or DVD's, though I don't own a great deal of DVD's, and the ones I do own have their own cases. I am yet to download a movie from the internet! I think that in the future this could be something I may try, though these envelopes would only come in useful if I were to be using discs that came on a spike and therefore without their own plastic cases.

Storing discs is very simple and secure now that I have these paper envelopes. They may not look very strong but they do the job. They are not all that robust but they serve their purpose, which is all you can ask for really. I have to say that I am not loyal when it comes to the brand of this type of product. Yes, I have used Fellowes in the past, though I wouldn't say that compared to other designs that this one particularly stands out. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the brands of this product are made on the same production line!

Price and availability

Priced at around £9 for a pack of 100 this pay seem very expensive. If you use a lot of blank discs then it isn't such a bad price, and considering when you compare it to buying blank discs in jewel cases you are making a rather substantial saving. You are best to buy this type of product online, though you may find them for sale near blank discs in a music store.

Final thoughts

Overall I am happy with my experience of the Fellowes CD/DVD Envelopes. I am not fascinated by their quality because they are just like any other brand of this product. I am not going to say I am loyal to this brand when it comes to this product, though I do like the Fellowes brand in general. Still, you have to think about price and if you can find a different brand of the same product for cheaper then I would rather buy the cheaper product. This is a very basic product and not something I will be staying loyal to when it comes to repurchasing. I often buy blank discs in their cases, though it works out seriously cheap enough to not bother with the jewel cases any more.

• Pointress published 05/03/2015
    You've reminded me that I need to buy some of these as I've run out.
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 03/03/2015
    VH ;)
  • StewwyB published 03/03/2015
    well reviewed

Product Information : Fellowes CD/DVD envelope

Manufactured from white wood. free paper.Includes a window measuring 100mm in diameter to view CD contents. Can be used to store media, or as a means of transportation.

Product Description: Fellowes CD/DVD envelope

Packaged Quantity: 100 (specifications are for single item)

Product Type: CD/DVD envelope

Capacity: 1 CD/DVD

Product Material: Plastic, paper

Dimensions (WxDxH): 12.5 cm x 0.08 cm x 12.5 cm

General

MPN: 90691

Packaged Quantity: 100 (specifications are for single item)

Product Type: CD/DVD envelope

Height: 12.5 cm

Colour: White

Listed on Ciao since: 29/06/2014

Fellowes CD/DVD envelope - Review - Handy Fellowes to have around
Home > Computers > Accessories > Storage Accessories > Fellowes CD/DVD envelope > Reviews

danielcla... 4

danielclark691

About me: The game is over. Time to move onwards and upwards. Feel free to have a cursory glance at my reviews. The rates, comments and competition wins are appreciated, as are the friendships formed because of the site.

Member since:27.02.2011

Handy Fellowes to have around

02.03.2015

Advantages:
Fair quality, useful, much cheaper than cases .

Disadvantages:
Only protection from scratching and no strength, many other brands to choose from .

Ease of Use

3. StewwyB

First impressions

My experience

Price and availability

Priced at around 9 for a pack of 100 this pay seem very expensive. If you use a lot of blank discs then it isn't such a bad price, and considering when you compare it to buying blank discs in jewel cases you are making a rather substantial saving. You are best to buy this type of product online, though you may find them for sale near blank discs in a music store.

Final thoughts

Pictures of Fellowes CD/DVD envelope
Fellowes CD/DVD envelope 2 - Fellowes CD/DVD envelope
Fellowes CD/DVD envelope

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Pointress 05.03.2015 20:38

You've reminded me that I need to buy some of these as I've run out.

LiveMusicLoverLyn 03.03.2015 21:25