Review of "Fernox Boiler Noise Silencer"

published 08/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It solved the problem of my noisy boiler
Cons It was expensive

"This silenced my boiler very well"

Fernox Boiler Noise Silencer

Fernox Boiler Noise Silencer

I have recently had a new central heating Boiler installed in my home and it is much better than the last one was. The last one lasted me for almost thirty years and then one day it just stopped working. I used to have a big tank in my airing cupboard upstairs but now I have one of the new Baxi Boilers and it cost me an awful lot of money to get it installed but I got a small grant to help with the cost. I don’t have a tank now and nowhere to air my damp clothes. Now I have constant hot water and it is far better than the old one. On cold days I had to keep my heating on all the time otherwise it used to take ages for the radiators to get warm and I used to have to wait till the boiler heated up before I could have a bath. I don’t have these problems any more and I have constant hot water, which is lovely.

Just before my old boiler broke completely the man came out because it kept on making loud banging noises and he also told me it was ‘kettling’. I had never heard of this before but he said it was because the boiler was so old and it was having problems in heating my house. It was very loud and it gave me a fright a few times if I was watching the television on my own. It made the cats jump too.

He recommended something called Fernox Boiler Noise Silencer F2 Express which he told me I should buy and he could treat my boiler with it. He said I shouldn’t do this on my own and I didn’t I let him do it. He said it would help. It cost me £21.99 which I paid him for because he had a tin in the back of his car and then he left it with me in case I needed to have someone out to use it again.

He told me this would help to reduce the noises my boiler was making and also it would help to make my heaters get hotter quicker and to be more efficient. He was a Corgi registered person and I got his name from the yellow Pages. He said it is suitable for all boilers and also radiators. I watched him do it and it didn’t make any mess at all which is what I had been concerened about. It was very quick and within a couple of minutes it was all done. It was in an aerosol can.

My boiler lasted about another year after he put this in and I do think it helped because the banging settled down and also the kettling noise disappaered for quite a while though eventually it did return and that is when they told me I needed a new boiler.

I still have what is left of this in the can under my stairs but it started to leak out so I had to place it inside a plastic bag to stop the mess. I am keeping it in case I get trouble with my new boiler because he said it could be used in that type of boiler too.

I do think this is good stuff to have. It was very expensive but it worked well and I am pleased I bought it .

I recommend it to you.