Review of "Ferrero Rocher"

published 25/02/2010 | diamond_sparkles
Member since : 11/06/2009
Pro Extremely delicious and elegant
Cons High in calories, very addictive, made me gain 2 whole pounds!!!
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Mmmm...."

Mmmm....don't you want to eat the whole box???

Mmmm....don't you want to eat the whole box???

I would attribute the two pounds gained during the Christmas season to these perfectly delicious little devils. There is nothing like receiving a good brand of creamy luxurious chocolate to make a girl feel valued, but when you receive like eight boxes of them over Christmas, I think it takes the charm out of them! Having said that, I still believe that Ferrero Rocher is still among the best chocolates out there. Apparently, these were created during the Second World War when a confectioner decided to use hazelnuts in small does of cocoa that were being pitifully rationed out at the time.

This is a basically a round chocolate ball, with a rough outer shell and soft creamy interior that hides a deliciously roasted hazelnut. In fact, the mixture of sensations and textures are what attracts me to this delicacy in the first place. There is a blend of smoothness that contrasts sharply with the tough shell and hazelnut that enhances the delicious Nutella cream that meets you when you first bite in the chocolate.

The taste can be described as an interesting mélange of the mild to strong chocolaty flavor. When you first bite into the wafer, a very mild sweet and chocolate taste play around with your taste buds. But the choclatey sensation gets enhanced as you get closer to the hazelnut inside. I might be weird, but I hate chocolates that have no filling, I find them pretty boring actually. In the case of Ferrero Rocher, the hazelnut surrounded by Nutella gives you something to look forward to- an enhanced sensation prior to the pleasant feeling of biting in the wafer.

As glorious as the taste might be, I have to say that I love the packaging even more. Each ball is wrapped around elegant gold foil paper that rests in brown cupcake-like paper. The elegant packaging really does give an overview of the elegant taste of the chocolate itself!

Calorie-wise, this contains around 75 calorie per ball, which I think can be quite outrageous since it is really, really hard to stop at one chocolate. The mild crunching sound it makes when you bite into it does tend to get genuinely addictive.

This product contains Milk chocolate, cocoa mass, skim milk powder, hazelnuts, soy lecithin, sugar, wheat flour and vanilla among other ingredients. It is egg-free though, so suitable for vegetarians and people with egg allergies.

This certainly is something that I would highly recommend. Very addictive so try not to finish off the whole packet. Fantastic for the tongue, awful for the waistline!

Thanks for reading!

• Ruby.xo published 02/03/2010
    My fave chocolate! Great review xx
  • catsholiday published 26/02/2010