Review of "Fiat Grande Punto"

published 02/10/2006 | strategusuk
Member since : 01/08/2003
Pro Sleek design, great Interior, Good engine performance, spacious
Cons Breaking system
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Grande means Great... In almost every way"

I have driven every model of the Fiat Punto - 1st, 2nd and now 3rd Generation. Despite the fact that I went for the most basic model in the former two cars, I have to declare that this new make of the Punto excels the other two by miles: it has style, functionality and power - even with a small engine size (1.2). I went for a 5 door instead of 3, which makes it so much more comfortable. In addition, the Air-Con works wonders, both in hot and cold weather, the power steering is magical, with the usefult CITY buttton to squeeze you in and get you out of a tight spot when parking, the read window de-fogger works extremely quickly and the wheel controlled radio is superb. The only problem I experienced with this car came from the breaks: they were noisy. Occasionally, I step on the breaks and a loud squeak is heard. The car has been to the garage on a few occasions, and only after 4 tries were they able to fix this problem. Other than that, this is simply a superb vehicle that delivers in quality and comfort. A must for FIAT afficionados.

• RICHADA published 14/11/2006
    Yes, the new Grande really is a big improvement on its predicessors. looking at the overall quality of them - and having driven one earlier in the year I am surprised that you've had rather basic quality problems with yours. Richard.
  • salem_witch published 03/10/2006
    Sorry for the low rating. It's a good start but if you wanted higher ratings then you need to say more. For example, what is the fuel consumption like? My advice would be to read around other reviews and you'll see what I mean. If you edit this in any way let me know via my guestbook and I'll happily re-read it for you.