Fiction

Fiction

Review of "Fiction"

published 13/11/2002 | mattygroves
Member since : 23/04/2001
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin"
Pro It's not true
Cons It's not good

"Jillmurphy made me do it"

JILL MURPHY MADE ME DO IT - OK, Phil and Jill, now I'M joining your game - Jill asked me to write, and I quote, on the subject of "Masculinity. Under 200 words. Use um.... "washing line" "air freshener" and um... "refrigeration"."

So herewith, Matty's Masterpiece on Masculinity in 199 words:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIRL THURSDAY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does a gal look for in a man? That’s what I asked myself whilst scanning the lonely-hearts ads.

Days, weeks and months passed. Until the perfect ad found me:

“WANTED – girl Thursday for man’s man on a deserted island. Must be resourceful, and unattached. Island located in South Pacific – therefore, must like ‘ripe’ food (due to lack of refrigeration facilities). Should be able to build a washing line out of coconut fronds. And me? I’m tall, well built and hairy, with a distinct masculine odour – girls who are obsessed with air freshener need not apply. I am a MAN.”

First flight out. Turned out Mr Masculine didn’t quite live up to his billing. After all, where did he grow up – Munchkinland? Since when is 3’0 ‘tall’? Well built? Yeah, right. And as for the smell – urg. Ghoophy was a garden gnome. It was a fishing line he needed – never mind washing (I don’t think he’d ever washed in his life). And he clearly had never even HEARD of either deodorant or freshness.

First flight back. But I DID feel a little sorry for Ghoophy – the garden centre provided him with the perfect partner. Thank goodness for Fed Ex.

Cheers,