CheekyCha... 4

CheekyCharlie08

About me: Hi, I'm Charlotte and I'm back to Ciao to make some Christmas spends #skintstudent All my reviews are cross posted from Dooyoo

Member since:12.04.2012

Fifi Will Help Keep Your Room Tidy!

15.04.2012

Advantages:
Looks dead cute; Useful for keeping toys in or as a dirty washing basket

Disadvantages:
A bit flimsy

19 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AnneLorraine1
  2. VampirePrincessLizzy
  3. Angela150

I brought this for my sisters bedroom at a car boot a couple of weeks ago, I paid £1.00 for it and it was in new condition because the woman said she hardly used it for her grandkids because none of them was all that mad on Fifi and it was just taking up the room. I knew my sister would love it and the pink colour matches her bedroom walls so it was worth £1.00, I was thinking about it for a washing basket for her but it's roomy inside so she's started using it to keep some of her toys in instead of squeezing them all into her toybox.

I'm going to call it a toybox in this review even though that isn't specifically what it's for, it's a mesh basket that is held together with a flimsy wire frame. It can be put away easy, you just twist the whole thing into a kind of figure of eight and then it will collapse in on itself to be put away flat. Then when you want it out again your just untwist it and pull it all back into shape.

The design is lovely, 2 sides of the toybox are pink and the other 2 sides show Fifi standing up like she does in the actual Fifi logo. Those sides are a nice bright yellow colour and I think it would definately look better in a girls bedroom.... even though I know a few little lads who love Fifi as much as my sister does. Being mesh it makes the toybox nice and bright looking because there is no heavy fabric lining, I think it looks mega pretty and I would have loved something like this when I was a little girl.

The toybox is very light weight so when it's empty it can easily get knocked over, that doesn't matter because it's not going to hurt it but I think it would have been nice if it had a bit more substance to it. I know you'd have lost being able to fold it up so easily if it was made of thicker or heavier material but it feels so light that a gust of wind could blow it away. Another thing with it being so light is that once it's even half full of clothes or toys it makes it feel a bit weird to carry because the mesh bit on the bottom stretches down so you end up carrying it like a flid because you're worried the bottom is going to go through. It's not, it's just the give of the mesh that makes it feel like that but I definately don't feel confident moving it around.

There's more room inside the toybox than there looks and my sister has moved more of her toys than I thought she was going to over from her main toybox to this one, at first she just used it for her Fifi toys but now there is loads of stuff in it. It's like she's aware of it being more flimsy than her wooden toybox because she only puts soft toys in this FiFi box and is always very careful not to put anything sharp in there. She tried to see how many toys she could get in it once and the sides swell out so it holds a lot more than you think it's going to.

My sister loves this one because she can easily tip it over and get her toys all out at once instead of having to keep leaning into her other toybox and even then never quite getting to the bottom. Even now she's going off Fifi a bit she still loves this toybox and it was definately £1.00 well spent, it's a million times better than a rubbishy pop up basket she had of Dora last year and I remember that cost a lot more and the wire started poking out after a week. I think this one won't have that trouble because the stitching is dead strong where there is any chance of the wire coming through like in the corners and stuff, it's actually very well made and I think it will last for ages.

Recommended!!!