FirstAid4Sport Microporous Tape

FirstAid4Sport Microporous Tape

Review of "FirstAid4Sport Microporous Tape"

published 31/03/2012 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Back home again after a couple of weeks in the Pyrenees
Pro sticks well
Cons none that I can see.
Effectiveness

"Micropore first aid tape covered my wound attached my bandage."

Micropore next to mouse

Micropore next to mouse

Ouch I cut my finger at work, not much but it was in a position where the cut kept opening. So I went to the first aid box all I could find in plasters were fabric ones., now I know some fabric plasters bring me up in a rash so instead of a plaster I cut and used a small piece of micropore tape .

Micropore tape is a sticky paper like material tape it is used for holding bandages and dressings in place. Its useful for that purpose as when I had a different finger dressing after slicing my finger badly I held a finger dressing on with it. However on this occasion it was only a tiny cut and I wanted to stop it opening and bleeding also to keep some of the dirt out.

Micropore tape is porous and breathable, I did wet my piece of tape several times when I washed hands and it was firmly stuck down and did not come off but if wet for a long time it would come off.

This tape did the job I needed it for I only needed it on for a couple of days as my wound began to heal and not open so easily. When I removed it I just pulled it off them washed and rubbed at the small amount of sticky residue that was left on my finger

As I said I have used this micropore to hold a dressing in place either at the ends of the dressing or over the top of a dressing. I cut the dressing with scissors but it’s possible to just tear it with your hand.

Micropore held my dressing well sticks to skin well. I would recommend this micropore form first aid 4 sports

This tape comes on rolls of 10m in 3 width sizes 1.25cm wide 2.5cm wide and5 cm wide. . The tape that I use is in the works first aid box, not sure where that is purchased from but it is available from http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/product.​asp?src=GPPCSportsTape at 54p for the 1.25 cm size 96p for the 2.5 size and £1.80 for the 5cm wide roll.

• Saintly31 published 27/05/2012
    ive worked as a chef for many years and this stuff is like a chefs best freind. on many busy nights cuts were common and with this tape we just strapped up and carried on
  • Coloneljohn published 10/04/2012
    I find it very useful for small cuts. John
  • tallulahbang published 04/04/2012
    This stuff is far better than ordinary plasters at staying in place. xx