First Choice

Review of "First Choice"

published 01/04/2009 | Sylv68
Member since : 01/04/2009
Pro beautiful, exciting
Cons one hotel in particular
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Holiday from hell"

It was my 40th and my little girls 9th birthday. We went along to First Choice Travel Agent Aug 2007 to book to go to Florida April 2008. We asked for a hotel close to all amenities. As we had a one yr old we asked for a fridge. The day arrived to fly my 2 older children were so excited first time abroad, most of the air staff were helpful but we hit a bit of turbulence and my partner got shouted at to put the baby belt on even though I had it on! We arrived and the staff were very helpful and got us to our hotel, it was not clean and the room didnt have a fridge. We had to get taxis to all venues and would cost a hell of a lot of money. Breakfast was included in the price but the eatin area was so small could not accommodate the guests. We managed to get a table and the kids had toast that night all three were throwing up, it was 9pm, we rang emergency rep who said thst we were ringing her at home and to call the ambulance omitting to tell us it would cost us $500 per patient! In the meantime I went down to get cleaning stuff only to be told all locked away until 8am! The room reeked, I cleaned as much as I could. Ambulance arrived and took us to hospital and saw the kids and us and said they would drop the girls off at the front with my partner so we would only pay for one. Drips were put up for kids. 6am we got back and we had to stay downstairs as the room smelt something awful. The receptionist called me a liar about asking for cleaning equipment. And laughed when I said my one year old could haved died. 11am we were able to get back in room, 3 very tired kids and no help was given! We then had to pay a further $50 to hire a fridge! A week later and kids were slightly better. On our return, we were due to leave at 6pm, half past midnight we took off. Insurance company said they would not pay as we had not contacted them to see if it was ok to take kids to hospital. I had a fight on my hands and First Choice offered £150 compensation.

Florida is beautiful, and wewould go again but First Choicewont be our First Choice

• lml888v published 12/04/2009