Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Review of "Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone"

published 09/12/2011 | KELLYLOUJ
Member since : 21/07/2005
Have worked in the Travel Industry for over 10 years, now a stay at home mum looking after my hardworking hubby and son.
Good
Pro Colourful, low priced.
Cons Quite heacy if your child manages to lift it and drop it.
Educational Value

"My little chatty man"

When we had our son's 1st Birthday Party this was one of the gifts that he received.
I remember having one of these many, many years ago when I was a child the only difference was mine was made from wood.

This toy is from the Fisher Price Brilliant Basics range which over traditional themed toys at reasonable prices.
As this was a gift I cannot be sure how much it was purchased for but I have seen them in my local B&M store for £4.99.

This toy must have the least amount of packaging for a child's toys, the phone was simply covered by tissue paper and was placed in small box so an ideal gift to get out and play with straight away.

The main body of the toy is a white square mounted onto a bright blue base with red wheels and a red telephone received with the words Fisher Price embossed on.

The top of the phone has a yellow dial that when it is turned clockwise it generates a ringing bell sound familiar of an old fashioned telephone. Underneath the dial are bright colours.
There are numbers on the telephone and these are printed onto a bright coloured background which encourages our son to look through the circles on the dialler to view the numbers and the different colours.

To the front of the phone are two eyes that when the phone is pulled along using the red thread they roll around and make a funny little noise. My little one loves it when we pull the phone around him in a circular motion as he tries to chase it and he giggles along.

The front of the telephone has a smiley face and our son loves smiling back at it!

Our son loves this toy along with many of the brilliant basic toys and with this he lifts the receiver and places it to his ear which shows he understands what it is for. He also has learnt to spin the dial to generate the sound that it makes and we enjoy playing with this toy together pretending to phone one another and chasing the phone around the room.

The toy itself is not too bulky and is easy to take out with you when visiting friends or relatives to have a toy to keep your child occupied.

I think that this toy really is a brilliant basic toy that should be in any child's first toy box!
The phone itself is very robust, it has been lifted up and flung, stood on, kicked, and chewed and it still looks as good as new.