Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Review of "Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone"

published 10/12/2011 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Pro pretty little phone, simple yet amusing
Cons my niece got board of it after a while (but she still returns to it sometimes)
Educational Value

"Fisher Price Chatter Telephone"

The Fisher Price Chatter Phone has been around for ages, I had one and I think even my mum had one when she was a baby and of course over the years it has been revamped a little.. My niece also has her own Chatting Telephone that stays in my house, along with a mountain of toys, because I look after her while her mum goes out to work three days a week and it’s good to keep something in the house for her to play with as she and her brother are over around at mine so much, my niece just loves it, it doesn’t really do much but it does allow you and your child to play make believe phone calls which is great for encouraging and stimulating a child’s imaginative play skills.

The phone itself is white with a big happy face on it, it has a spin dial kind of number template and looks like a real telephone with a face on it and brightly coloured numbers and red handle attached to it by red string.

This phone also has four wheels and so can be pulled around from place to place, and it makes a strange chatty kind of noise when it is pulled. My niece loves taking her phone by the handles and running it up and down the room.

A good thing about this toy is that because it is quite neutrally coloured, just reds yellows and a bit of blue, it is suitable for both little boys and girls to play with, this means that you can keep this toy and let other children that come into your house play with it or pass it on as a hand me down to any other child (even your own) regardless of their sex, giving the toy more use. Our Chatting Phone, which is the one that I am reviewing now, was bought last Christmas and is still in great condition.

When my niece first got this toy she loved it and she quickly learnt how to use it, picking up the handle and listening down the line to hear if anyone would say hello, although there isn’t any conversation from this toy, it isn’t hard to sit down with your child and play make believe that there is someone to talk to one the phone or that you are talking on the phone to them.

I bought this for my niece to stay in my house when her mum went back to work last Christmas, I paid around £8 for it, but I can see it on the internet for around £5 which is a great price for a little sturdy phone toy like this.

This toy is suitable for years 1 and up.

Overall my niece gets a lot of fun out of this toy, she really only goes to it now when someone is already on the phone as she has had it a while and has got quite bored of it, but she does play with it sometimes and for the price of it, it is worth the money. It can teach children their numbers 1-9 and also younger children can be amused while you are on the phone, by playing with their own phone themselves.

*also posted on dooyoo under lorrainek858

• helen190390 published 22/12/2011
    Slightly reminds me of the phone on toystory 3!
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 10/12/2011
    One of the best kids toys going - I've wrapped one up just today for my son for Chrimbo! x
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 10/12/2011