Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone

Review of "Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone"

published 01/05/2012 | sarah-1976
Member since : 25/07/2011
Im a busy working mum to a 2 and 10 yr old who enjoys reading and writing reviews, toys and books are high on my review list I enjoy reviewing cleaning products and cosmetics. I also write for dooyoo under the same name
Pro a great little toy for imaginative play, a good price
Cons not like mummys
Educational Value

"Nostalgia chitter chatter telephone"

I used to have a fisher price chitter chatter phone when I was a child and I remember having so much fun playing with a phone like my mums. When I came across the new version at £5 I could not resist buying one for my toddler, pure nostalgia!!

The box was fairly flimsy but it had none of those annoying twisty ties that take hours to remove, so the toy was available for play straight away.

The phone itself has a fairly short pull cord and a very short twirly phone cord connecting the reciever to the main telephone, I assume this is down to the health and safety police, I can remember pulling mine around the house with it giggling after me, this cord is not really long enough for that, also when my son picks up the reciever the whole phone follows as the cord is not long enough to reach his ear.

As my little boy moves the phone its eyes bounce up and down and it makes a lovely chitter chatter giggly noise, also he loves winding the numbers and the jingly noise it makes as he turns the dial, I dont think he quite links it with a phone as todays phones just dont look like this so he has nothing to make the connection, he does however like shouting hello down the reciever.

I think this is a fantastic little toy that is sold at a very reasonable toy, it is very safe unlike the seventies retro version I had. How on earth did we survive!!

I would recommend this telephone to all my friends with toddlers from 1 upwards.

Summary: A great little toy at a great price

• cha97michelle published 01/05/2012
    I bought one of these for my little one in a fit of nostalgia, but he never bothered with it at all because compared to his other toys it is just a bit naff. I ended up giving it away, then it was in toy story 3 and he wanted it again.
  • catsholiday published 01/05/2012
    My kids had this 20+ years ago
  • jediteacher published 01/05/2012
    I agree the cord is far too short and really annoying. I actually cut the cord so that my children could actually pick up the receiver without the phone bashing them in the head!

offers "Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone"