Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo

Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo

Review of "Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo"

published 13/12/2011 | cemma15
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Sound control!! Very robust and sturdy, easy to set up
Cons Does not fold up small
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"A Jumpin' Good Time!"

The Fisher Price Jumperoo... I have never found a baby toy quite like it! Or a baby toy that quite matches it!

I purchased this for my second baby in October this year (2011) from good old Amazon for £84.99, but I do believe that the Jumperoo ranges in price from £80- ish to £100- ish depending on where you go and if you have to pay p&p. Amazon is the cheapest I have found, but there are plenty on eBay for cheaper if you don't fancy paying the price of a brand new one.

There are three types of Jumperoo that Fisher Price manufacture; the Rainforest, the Precious Planets and the Ocean Wonders. I am reviewing the Rainforest edition. I believe that both are very similarly priced.

The Jumperoo is what it's name says it is; a baby jumping toy. Fisher Price states that this toy is suitable for babies that can hold their head up confidently, and the maximum weight recommended is 25 lbs.

The seat of the Jumperoo is a frog design and is bright and cheerful. It has a very high back for extra support and is removable so if your cheeky monkey decided to be a little bit sicky down it, you can just take it off and stick it in the washing machine. It can also be tumble dried. The seat is fully rotational at 360 degrees to allow baby to explore all the activities the Jumperoo has to offer.

There are lots of toys on the tray; there is a floppy dragonfly on one side, and on the other there is a spinning lizard rattle, with colourful beads inside. There is a little green 'baby gym' with a hanging monkey, parrot and elephant for baby to bat. The elephant makes sounds as baby twists and turns it. On this 'gym' there is also a rolling barrel, which also makes animal sounds as it is spun. On another side, there is a sun in a spinning barrel, with a tiger underneath that plays peek- a- boo. So, as you can see, there is plenty for your baby to see and do on the Jumperoo! For your baby's reaching skills, there is a hanging parrot and frog which are adjustable. Many of the toys feature lights and sounds to keep your baby interested.

The base of the Jumperoo isn't too huge. You are able to detach the base parts from each other to allow for more compact folding up if you wish to put the Jumperoo away. I must add, however, that this isn't a very easy task to complete; the base is quite fiddly and, to be honest, doesn't fold away much smaller than when it's in full working mode. The actual seat is height adjustable.

There are two different sound settings you can have the Jumperoo set to; one is musical and the other is short bursts of sound. There is also a volume button (thank goodness) so you can have the Jumperoo loud or quiet. A lot of the sounds are activated by your baby jumping and moving, but also by them pulling, bashing and spinning the individual toys.

So what does my son and his mummy think of the Jumperoo? We LOVE it!

The Jumperoo is a fantastic invention by trusty Fisher Price. My son has learnt to bounce by using this toy, and can do so now in the Jumperoo with force! He is able to easily rotate himself round as the seat is easy to spin and all the toys are within his reach. He chews on the floppy dragonfly and can spin the barrels of fun. The Jumperoo has stayed in tact and nothing has split, broken or damaged in any way. The Jumperoo is a very, very sturdy and robust toy, and can take a tremendous amount of bouncing from little people! My son is fully supported in the Jumperoo, mainly due to the high back of the seat.

I have found the seat very easy to take off and wash; plus it dries quickly whether in the tumble drier or on the clothes rack. Even though it is not made from wipe- clean material, I don't find it hard to just run a baby wipe over it to remove any little bits of food my son decides to store in the seat!

My son stays in the Jumperoo for about half an hour before he gets bored and wants to do something else (usually eat!) It's so worth the money we paid, and I love the fact that the Jumperoo helps to stimulate my son's fine motor skills, auditory and sensory skills.

As I said before, the only small niggle I have with the Jumperoo is that it doesn't fold up very small, so is not easy to store away if you have smaller house. It is a large toy. But, the positives outweight this one negative by miles. I highly recommend this toy!

offers "Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo"