Review of "Fitbit Charge HR"

published 24/08/2016 | xlinzixx
Member since : 16/01/2007
pffft
Pro helps you lose weight
Cons quite pricey

"upgraded my fitbit"

Well after the success of having my other fitbit, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade my fitbit from the flex to the charge to continue with my new healthy lifestyle.

A fitbit is an activity tracker that records your daily activities like how many steps you've taken and how many calories you've burned. It's basically a upgraded version of a pedometer you wear it like a watch so it also looks quite stylish the one I've got is purple and to anyone else looking they'd just think it was a digital watch.

The features on this fitbit are a lot better than the flex these include:-

steps taken: it still has steps taken I've got my goal set to 8000 a day though the heart association foundation recommends 10000 a day but with my MS I thought this was a suitable goal for me.

calories burned: it still tracks your calories burned I have mine set to 2300 a day as I know 3500 is the equivalent to losing 1lb.

floors : it tracks how many floors you go up a day so every time you go up stairs it tracks it mines set to 10 a day as that's quite easy to achieve.

exercise: you can track your exercise if you type it in manually.

water: you can manually type in how many glasses of water you drink a day if you use the app.

heart rate: this is the one I find most useful it tracks your heart rate so it tells you how many beats per minute it registers so you know when your body is in fat burning mode. My bpm is normally 60bpm but when it goes into 90bpm that's when I go into fat burning mode.

distance: it also tracks how many mile you've walked in a day. This one always surprises me as I realise I don't cover that many miles in a day.

It is quite easy to use you charge it with a usb cable that you plug into your laptop. It charges fairly quickly and once charge it roughly lasts for 3-4 days. Its quite easy to use as you press a button on the side and it flashes up on the little screen what your current stats are so you can track it fairly easy. if you download the app onto your smart phone you can also track your daily stats on there as well as your weight loss so far. It also tells you your weekly stats so you can see how your doing that week.

I love my fitbit charge I'm so glad i upgraded It's so easy to use and I think quite stylish. Its really helped me on my weight loss journey so far I've lost 60lbs and still have a little to go. I also find it quite fun as a long the way fitbit also have badges you can collect when you've reached certain goals like weight loss goals and recently i got a goal for how long I'd travelled for doing 250 miles so far. I find it a fun way to lose weight and it shows where I'm going wrong.

Now they are quite pricey but worth it, I paid £120 for mine but i know if you look online there are some places you can pick them up for £90 I still think £90 is a decent price to pay if your serious about changing your life style and being more healthy.

• Pointress published 21/02/2017
    vh
  • cornishchic published 17/02/2017
    vh x
  • anonymili published 21/09/2016
    I haven't succumbed to this yet :)

offers "Fitbit Charge HR"