Flash Multisurface Cotton Fresh Spray

Flash Multisurface Cotton Fresh Spray

All Purpose Cleaner

Review of "Flash Multisurface Cotton Fresh Spray"

published 25/04/2012 | supersonic75
Member since : 03/01/2009
Rates not sticking Grr…!!
Pro Smells fresh and cleans well
Cons Expensive and can give a headache if too much used
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Flash in the pan?"

Flash with Febreze Cotton Fresh Spray

Flash with Febreze Cotton Fresh Spray

I have an obsession with buying different cleaning products and especially if something is on offer then I'm sold on the idea that we *need* it. I'm not particularly brand loyal with anything and cleaning products are no exception, as long as something does the job it's designed for then I'm not bothered whether it's a leading brand or a shop's own label.

I've been quite happy using Aldi's own label surface spray but when I started to get low a few weeks ago I nipped up to our local Supermarket, which was in the process of being taken over by another store, and were selling all their stock at half price. I took the opportunity to stock up myself on some real bargains including this - Flash with Febreze All Purpose Cleaner Spray. As it cost just 85p I bought two as it normally retails for around £2 in other shops and if it hadn't have been restricted to just 2 per person then I would have bought more at that price.

The spray comes housed in a traditional trigger style bottle which is a reasonable 500 ml in size. There is an opaqueness to the plastic bottle though the contents can still be seen although the liquid has a hazy appearance due to this. The bottle is simplistic with a sticker on the front with the logo and a similar style sticker on the reverse with all the relevant information on and apart from a hint of blue near to the nozzle it is quite a plain design, though the spray itself is a bright sky blue so adds a splash of colour when the bottle is full.

Directions for use:
This spray is like the majority out there and using it doesn't really differ to any others, as you simply aim and spritz a few times on the trigger. Wipe clean with a cloth and for tougher stains simply leave on for about 3 minutes before wiping. It's not rocket science so I'll move on to does it work..?

My experience of using this around my home:
Although my home is in the form of a small cottage with a total of 6 rooms it still seems to take a long time to clean, but with 2 sons age 7 and 8 the cleaning can seem never ending at times. Because of this I want a product that works the first time and not one that I have to repeat almost instantly and as I've used Flash products in the past I knew that this spray was pretty decent at fighting grime.

The spray is enriched with Febreze - 'Clean Cotton' to be exact, and smells very fresh when sprayed onto a surface. The consistency is quite thin and watery with the colour being a stronger blue than it looks in the bottle, but this dissipates when wiping with a cloth and doesn't stain I find.

I get a lot of use out of this product with it being a multi purpose cleaner and find it is particularly effective when cleaning my bathroom and use on my toilet seat, sink basin and even on my bath. I actually find a cream cleaner is more effective on my bath (as it's cast iron) though if someone has just used the overhead shower and I spray this into the bath below then it does help to clean the soap suds away but mainly just freshens up the bath area more than deep down cleaning it.

I find this to be very effective when used to wipe down my surfaces in my kitchen and it does clean any grime from spilled food etc away without leaving too much of a streaky residue behind.
I have laminate flooring in two rooms as well as lino type tiles in my bathroom and kitchen and whilst I don't own a regular mop I do have a 'squeezy' sponge style version that requires very little water. Because of this I tend to just spray a surface cleaner on my flooring then go over it with my mop and have found this to clean away and marks and especially muddy footprints by the doorway from my boys.

Any downsides?
On spritzing this surface spray to wherever is required the scent is light and fresh and smells very clean...however if used say predominantly on everything in my bathroom the fragrance comes across as quite cloying once dry and is a little bit headache inducing which is a shame as it's a very good cleaning product.

If this hadn't have been in a closing down sale I don't think I would have gone out of my way to purchase it as £2 plus seems a lot for something that works on a par with store branded sprays that I have been using so comes across as an expensive item that I'm paying for the name only. That said it does clean efficiently, but if used too much it can give a sickly headache so because of this I'm deducting a star.

4/5

• Nar2 published 26/04/2012
    All the info & experience I need to know is here. Sounds like a versatile product despite the inducing headache if too much is used!
  • Alyson29 published 25/04/2012