Flymo Scirocco 3000 Electric Garden Vac & Blower

Flymo Scirocco 3000 Electric Garden Vac & Blower

Review of "Flymo Scirocco 3000 Electric Garden Vac & Blower"

published 30/05/2010 | thelovely
Member since : 29/05/2010
Pro Seems to blow well.
Cons Needs to be held in an awkward, non-designed angle.
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"Flymo scirocco 3000 is not for privet hedge."

My low rating for this product relates to the discovery that it is not fit for the purpose for which I bought it. I read the product literature and looked at the pics on the box and decided to go for this robust wattage just to be sure that I was buying the best possible in my range of affordability. The sources of information: Flymo website, product brochure, packaging pictures and instruction manual, do not give any warning that this machine will not pick up privet trimmings without holding it awkwardly vertical, thus rendering shoulder strap and wheel pointless, and thus taking longer time & effort than sweeping and shovelling. In my opinion, it was reasonable to expect such a product to collect privet trimmings efficiently. After I voiced my astonished disappointment to them, Flymo say it would be impossible for them to list the things that it cannot collect, but the claims in the product info certainly imply a wide range of objects, including leaves, and I would say that privet trimmings are, well, leaves. (I refer to summer trimming, not major hacking of overgrown hedge!). Manufacturer (Husqvarna/Flymo) and retailer (B&Q) both refuse to meet my complaint about what I consider to be misleading pre-purchase sales information.

This review was read 2025 times and was rated at

• JOHNV published 30/05/2010
    As below - needs to be expanded.
  • sentientphil published 30/05/2010
    very short review! a small snippet (no pun intended )...

Product Information : Flymo Scirocco 3000 Electric Garden Vac & Blower

For keeping the garden tidy all year round a Garden Vac is an essential piece of equipment. Not only can it be used to pick up leaves and other debris around the garden, it can also be used to blow grass clippings and leaves off paths and patios.

Manufacturer: Flymo