Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Review of "Focus / Do It All (Shop)"

published 27/02/2001 | Amanda_Fowler1
Member since : 11/02/2001
Satisfactory
Pro ummmmmm
Cons loads
Delivery time
Wide range/choice of products?
Helpfulness of Staff
Repair/Replacement Service

"dont know it all"

I have just helped my boyfriend wallpaper his room (like a good girlfriend should) and I must admit it is hard work. We decided before hand what we were going to do, and that we were just going to paint. However, the walls were in such bad condition that we had no choice but to put some paper up first, and then paper over that. We went to Focus – Do It All, and bought some plain paper. There were three big rolls of paper left, so we bought a big roll of lining paper, and a small one just in case. When we used up the big roll, we decided to exchange the small roll for another big roll. Two weeks had passed since we first went and we were lucky to get more paper as we had the last one! After 2 weeks, you would have thought that they would have restocked the shelves.

Also, when we went to ask a member of staff for advice on paint, the initial search took several minutes, and even then they didn’t know the answer, and we went on guesswork. Why is it that when you don’t want to talk to a member of staff they are everywhere, sitting around and chatting, but when you do want to chat to one, they all disappear and become very busy?

The shop itself is not bad, fairly cheap with friendly(ish) staff when you get to find them! The layout is good, although it did take us 15 minutes to find a chisel. They have a wide range of goods, from the cheap stuff to the more expensive stuff, and have all the relevant things together (i.e. light bulbs next to light fittings, not next to door handles!) When we returned things, they don’t argue of fuss, or even ask why, they just asked if we wanted an exchange or refund.

• GrUnGe_GaL published 08/03/2001
    re read it!
  • mikeydred published 04/03/2001
    I hate DIY. I usually get someone else to do it. Also why is it at places like this, as soon as you need someone they always disappear. Or is that me. The op seems to concentrate on two incidents rather than the actual store itself, so could probably do with a little expansion. Check out other people's opinions on the same subject.
  • GrUnGe_GaL published 28/02/2001
    sounded strenous! also thanks for the nice comment:)

Product Information : Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 03/09/2000