Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Review of "Focus / Do It All (Shop)"

published 22/10/2002 | chrisOne
Member since : 31/05/2001
Satisfactory
Pro There's one in most towns
Cons Range not as good as other shops, prices not as good as other shops
Delivery time
Wide range/choice of products?
Helpfulness of Staff

"No Focus in my life"

I used to shop at Do-It-All, now renamed Focus, and in those days (I’m going back around 10 years) it seemed to be one of the best DIY superstores.
Well, things have moved on since then – we have B&Q warehouses, with immense stocks, and the smaller, pound shops, are starting to stock up on the ever-so-cheap, ironmongery items.
… and I’m really not so sure that Focus is a shop I need to use at all anymore.
I called in today, basically looking for a few small items – including a specific size of nails, and some brackets – and I came away with nothing. They either didn’t have what I wanted, or what they did have was very expensive compared to the other shops I’ve been into recently.
I love the B&Q warehouse – and there’s no way Focus can compare with that.
I also love Wilkinsons (for hardware, and smaller household goods, it can’t be beaten, in my opinion). I also have a lot of time for Homebase. Which, on the face of it, is similar to Focus, but I still find Focus doesn’t come close.

I'm not certain what it is that's changed ovber the years. I know at one stage they were linked with WH Smith, but this may no longer be the case. Whatever, the chain seems to be suffering from a lack of direction.

Yes, I’ll still take a look in Focus if I’m looking for something different, and don’t like the ranges in other shops. But it’s really going to be a last resort for me now – it really doesn’t compete with the others.

• MRS.CANADA published 22/10/2002
    My H rating is because there are a few spelling mistakes and I don't know anything about this shop. If you tell me more about it please let me know and I'll be happy to read it again for you. Lyla
  • honeybead published 22/10/2002
    I think most of these so called DIY superstores leave a lot to be desired. I rarely find what I want and on a the few times I have found something the price is way too high!
  • jillmurphy published 22/10/2002
    If you're buying enough to justify their rather steep delivery charge then you should try www.screwfix.com.

Product Information : Focus / Do It All (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 03/09/2000