Folding Guest Bed

Review of "Folding Guest Bed"

published 14/01/2010 | Sunnysmiles
Member since : 22/07/2005
Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here
Pro easy to store away
Cons none so far
Ease of Assembly

"Taking turns on a comfy bed"

Folding Guest Bed

Its always nice to have family and friends to stay over for the weekend and with Christmas and new year just gone it was a family time for my children to come home and bring their partners and children with them, so as you can imagine the house was little cramped and bed space is always a worry.
Who’s going to be left sleeping on the sofa ?
Although my kids are to old to argue over this I decided to go and look for a folding guest bed, we used to call them camp beds when I was little, but what’s in a name it’s the same thing. A fold up bed that can be easily stored away when not in used.

I managed to find a single folding guest bed at john Lewis for £65 I looked in charity shops but they only had the ones that fold into a table and these are harder to store away as they are more bulky than my little fold away bed I bought.
The design is simple just a steel frame with two unfolding metal legs at the top and bottom and one in the middle, the base is elastic straps which makes the mattress comfortable as it is flexible when moving about in your sleep.

The mattress is a white and blue stripy one, but this cannot be seen once the covers and blankets are on, I liked the price but was a little disappointed on the stripes, as there was no other choice of mattress designs. Still, visitors were coming and I had to buy a folding bed.
The bed stores away nicely to fit under my stairs and my grandson was the first to try out the bed, he thought it was great having a brand new bed to test out and the second night of the visit the grandchildren decided they had to take it in turns to try the bed, it was quite a novelty for them and amused us adults to hear them going on about the bed.
I was told it was very comfy but didn’t try it myself as I prefer my own bed to sleep in, so left it to the guests to test it.

The bed is 11kg in weight so its easy to move either opened up or stored away, the dimensions are L193 x W80 x H40cm so although its not a huge bed a teenager or small adult would fit in it without problems and have a comfortable nights sleep.
The mattress is polyester foam and is very comfortable and soft so I am told by my grandchildren.
All in all I am quite happy with the folding guest bed, its easy to store, has a comfortable mattress, the grandchildren love it and prefer to sleep on it when they visit and the price wasn’t to bad considering it has been used a few times and got everyone’s approval.
I am very happy with my purchase and can now recommend it to you, if your thinking of getting one then go ahead, you won’t regret it.

• paulpry118 published 18/01/2010
    I used a lot of these when I worked in a hotel
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 14/01/2010
    Handy to have - Lyn x
  • lora44 published 14/01/2010
    Stupid as this will sound, I'm always paranoid about these things folding up with me in them! Great review x