Footman & James

Footman & James

Review of "Footman & James"

published 12/06/2006 | rab123
Member since : 12/06/2006
Good
Pro Cheap, flexable cover inc European options
Cons Cancel the policy after 6 months and get nothing back
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Let down by sharp clauses & poor access to service"

Lately I have had several occasions with problems getting to talk to them. They dont seem to have enough call centre operators.

One niggle is that if your policy has run for more than 6 months and you cancel it, there is no refund. This, as the call centre operator correctly points out is in their policy book. It's unfortunate you have to read a book in detail to discover these sharp clauses.

Their number and breadth of options at a reasonable price seems to be a winner. When you get through to their operators they are helpful, polite and effecient. However the acid test must be it there is a penny pinching policy in place when staffing their telephone call centre and unwarranted policy of keeping part premiums even if there is no vechicle to cover must call into question the mechanisms behind the whole of this service. I didn't make a claim on my policy and was with them for several years, just as well I didn't have to.

• mattydalton published 13/06/2006
    Hi and welcome to Ciao. Sorry for the low rating but there just wasn't enough substance to the review. Let me know if you add anything and I will take another look
  • crutchley_am published 12/06/2006
    I think you could have done with including a little more information for the higher ratings here. Take a look around at other people's reviews and you should see what I mean. Happy to re-rate if you add to this, just put a note in my guestbook to let me know when you're done.
  • thingywhatsit published 12/06/2006
    Not sure you gave them a fair chance here. After all, you were a happy bunny for two years with them, and as the policy of no refunds is clear, why didn't you try to transfer the cover. That would have seemed like a better option. As far as the review goes, yes it had personal experience which is paramount, but told nothing about the two years experience that you had with them which is equally as important from a consumers point of view. Hope this helps, and if you edit, I shall gladly rerate. Rachel X

Product Information : Footman & James