Ford Fiesta 1.25

Ford Fiesta 1.25

Ford present the Fiesta Style 1.25 3dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Ford Fiesta 1.25"

published 29/04/2005 | derek-j-a
Member since : 26/04/2005
Thanks to everyone for reading/rating my reviews - I will always reciprocate as soon as I can. For those interested, I am very much into Zen, and my Zen blog is at.. http://zenthoughts-zen.blogspot.co.uk/
Pro Good acceleration, positive steering
Cons Poor display of instruments, notchy/awkward gear change
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec"

I recently had reason to drive my mother-in-law's 1-year-old Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25. It is the bog standard 5-door hatchback model and I had to get used to using window winders - my car has electric windows. She didn't want "anything fancy" she said.

I found the car very quick for a 1.25, but it wouldn't pull the skin of a rice-pudding on some hills we encountered. Brakes were very good and steering quite repsonsive. The noise-levels were quite good at low speed, but there was a lot of road and wind noise at higher speeds on motorways.

On the negative side, the gears were rather notchy and I had some difficulty engaging 4th and 3rd gear as I came down from 5th. I also missed the air-conditioning although I would have opted for the higher-spec Ghia model. Something that I was particularly uncomfortable with was the intrument panel. They were of the liquid display type and were quite difficult to see as the light hit them. The mileometer and clock were particularly difficult to see. Not good if you have to get to an appointment if you forget to put a watch on! And the speedometer was obscured by the steering wheel - going through a 50 mph zone, I had to crane my neck overe the top of it to check I was doing the correct speed.

• L0BSTER_QUADRILLE published 19/07/2005
    I don't care for fiestas. The focus is loooads better, I'm sure. Philippa. x
  • showbiz0 published 04/07/2005
    Im 17 and just started learning to car. Ive been looking at fiesta's to buy as my first car. Old fiesta's though, i cant afford new ones. lol.
  • HotBabes published 01/06/2005
    I have a Zetec although it must be a higher model as I have electric windows etc. The instrument panel in mine is completely different as well! :-)