Ford Fiesta MK III

Ford Fiesta MK III

Hatchback - Diesel, Petrol

Review of "Ford Fiesta MK III"

published 21/05/2004 | kevinsmbuk
Member since : 08/12/2003
Pro Quite Spacious, Alot Of Modifying Can Be Done!
Cons Can Be Quite Problematic
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Fiesta MK3 1.3i Ghia"

I recently purchased this car after passing my driving test a few weeks back, i brought the car off an elderly lady that had the car for a few years.

BODYWORK

The condition i brought the car in was rather good aswell (Metallic Green Paint) , there was a large dent on the front right panel, but i knew that could be pulled out by myself with a dent puller, there was another dent at the back of the car also and various scratches over the bodywork, all minor imperfections. Also a wierd one, the left hand side mirror was completely faded in colour but the right one was still in tact? very strange. Oh and of course another factor in a car this age is of course a car's arch enemy - rust, but fortunately there was none on the car apart from some bubbling under the petrol cap. All in all not bad for a car that is 12 years old!

ENGINE

When we was buying the car (me and my dad) we thought the engine was going to be a 1.1(like the ad said...) but it turned out to be running on a single point petrol injection unit, and the engine size is 1.3, very beefy!. As my intention was to buy a 1.1 though i had to reconsider, me and my dad went home and phoned insurance companies to get some quotes, for me on my own TPTF it was going to be £1800, that really did put me off, until we decided to have my dad as the main driver and me as an additional driver, that way i get cheaper insurance and she gets a sale, everybody wins! right? £800 fully comp! my dad is 53 and i was 17 at the time.
Anyway, the engine was in fantastic condition it hadnt been ragged, and looked all nice and clean, this was beggining to be the bargain of the century!

INTERIOR

Not a scratch inside, perfect interior, has been kept very clean, no cracks or any imperfections, velour luxury seats! they are very comfortable and look the business! A radio cassette was present in the car and it worked fine also with a fair sound quality. The eletric windows all worked fine, there was a sunroof that had no leaks and the central locking was all working fine, bargain!.

DRIVE

Upon test driving the car i found that the handling was actually pretty good around sharp corner's, a lack of power steering though does make it hard to turn when u are stationary, even better than the handling was the suspension, very soft on these car's, i found it very impressive that you would go over a bump and not feel it!

The car was very fast off the lights because of its weight and aerodynamicy so putting your foot to the floor is a great thrill, i had to buy this car i just had too!

COST

How much? well she originally put the ad up for £650 but she had reduced before i came so all i had to hand over was £400 smakers! i was well chuffed about that, now the car is sitting at home with me and i love the thing, i have installed a speaker system, cd player. I have pulled the dent out of the car, resprayed all the scratches on the car and took the badges off, changed the wheel trims and now it looks great.

The ford fiesta MK3 is the perfect modifying car and im going to have so much fun in doing this little baby up, my advice is to go and get one for yourself, especially a Ghia, they are great!

• fabfrog5 published 29/01/2006
    a great review! sounds like a nice little run around! :) x
  • drewboy published 23/05/2004
    sounds like you've done well for a first car, I had to make do with an ancient vovlo! drew
  • kevinsmbuk published 21/05/2004
    Little miss i know what you mean :( left my car outside college today for 1 hour and someone broke into my car by ripping the lock off an d leaving a gaping hole in the door, obviously after my cd player but they found no fascia coz luckily i kept it in my bag, such a shame i was so pissed off they knicked my cd case containing about 30 Cd's,! Me and my dad were working on it and we have got the lock back on as it feel off in the door when the thief ripped it out by it still leaves a mark, this is the first time i saw ur comment, i wish i would seen it earlier about the alarm and immobilser...