Ford Ka 1.3i

Ford Ka 1.3i

Ford present the Ka 1.3i 8v Collection 3dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Ford Ka 1.3i "

published 01/05/2007 | claire16c
Member since : 03/12/2003
Pro Easy to park
Cons Headlight bulbs are hard to change
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"Good small car"

I bought a KA collection in 2001 as my first 'proper' car. Before that I had been driving my mum's old car.

I wanted a small car with air conditioning, and a cd player and preferably in silver, and that was it! So I ended up with this.

The air conditioning caused a few problems at first with a leaking pipe, but after being fixed it is now ok and is great in the summer, I would definitely recommend it.

The main bad point about this car is that the headlights are very hard to get to, even for a mechanic which has meant that after they once stopped working I got charged more than the average price because of the amount of time it takes them to fix it. Apparently KAs are known for this (and this is coming from a reliable mechanic bty!)

But apart from that it is a very good car especially if you live somewhere where parking is difficult because I can often squeeze into spaces other people can not.

The glove box is a bit of a joke it is so small but is big enough to hold sweets, cleaning clothes etc. The car does have good storage on the side compartments of the door.

I have not sat in the back myself but my friends have commented on how spacious it is in the back for a small car. The only problem though is that there are only 2 proper seats in the back as there is not really room for a third person in the middle and even if you squeezed them in there is not a third seatbelt so it would be illegal anyway. So do not buy this car if you need to fit 5 people in it.

I have heard from friends you can fit baby/child seats in the back though.

The car tends to shake a bit if you start going over 75ish, so not good if you drive faster than that.

I also find its fairly easy to park as you can see out of the back windows pretty well, and I have found the visibly in some other cars of this size is not as good.

I would say if you want a small car that only costs a few thousand, this is a good car to get, but get it in a Collection style, and pay the extra for the A/C because it's worth it.

• Miskah published 21/07/2007