Review of "Ford Puma 1.7"

published 28/07/2006 | Sian100
Member since : 27/02/2006
Pro Great looks, excellent acceleration, fun to drive
Cons Expensive to maintain, some impractical features
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"From a long term Puma owner"

I've owned my Puma (from new) for over five years, and intend to keep it until it packs in! Overally I have been very pleased with the car. I have had no breakdowns (my mileage however is less than 10,000 a year, which may be a factor), but best of all the car maintains its looks and is really fun to drive - I'd say the best features are the amazing acceleration, as the car is quite light, and the ease of gear change. There are a few design flaws. One is that the wing mirrors can't be folded in. If you park on the street, this is a major problem - I've had two kicked off now, and the replacement price is around £200 if you have metallic paint and electrics, which gets annoying vvery quickly. The storage isn't too bad with the back seats folded down, but the support for the back window ledge means that you are much more restricted in terms of the width of items that can fit into the boot. From a safety point of view, because the rear window is small the rear visibility is quite poor, which is not helped by the windows' tendency to steam up. These really are my only criticisms though - a great car.

• Crimsonflame published 29/07/2006
    This review needs much more information for better rates i'm afraid, if updated let me know as I shall re-rate. Crimps
  • salem_witch published 28/07/2006
    Sorry for the low rating. Its a good start but for higher ratings you need to add more. I suggest you read around other reviews (especially games) and this will help. If you edit this review in any way let me know via my guestbook and I'll be happy to re-read it. Welcome to Ciao, I hope you enjoy it here.
  • mattydalton published 28/07/2006
    Hi and welcome to Ciao! Sorry for the low rating but you need to expand your review quite a bit. Take a look at some car reviews by RICHADA - they are usually very good. Let me know if you add any more and I will take another look.