danilou1 1

danilou1

Member since:20.11.2007

Ford crumbles under pressure!

21.11.2007

Advantages:
stylish/compact/

Disadvantages:
Not Safe !

Recommendable No:

2. NomisG
  3. quan
somewhat helpful by (14%):
  1. FRIENDLYFRANK

I owned a 2005 streetka luxury 1.6 convertable for 2 years and have recently sold it.
I remember the day i went to buy new car, I spotted one on the Ford forecourt and immediately fell in love with it. I decided to but a new one and wait a couple of weeks until march for the new 05 number plate.
When it arrived I was over the moon.....Everything about the Streetka I loved, it was smart, stylish, compact (I'm only little!) and very smooth and easy going to drive.
Everything was great other than the amount of petrol it seemed to drink! until one day i had an accident. I have been driving for 8 yrs and I have never even so much as scratched a car, so when I lost control of my car one evening driving home from work, it was quite upsetting as you can imagine.
To cut a long story short. I just about wrote off my car. I hit a tree at 60 miles an hour and was quite badly injured. Worst of all MY AIRBAG DID NOT DEPLOY.
The saftey feature installed did not work.
It was not until a few weeks later when I realised the enormity of this issue that I spoke to Ford.
After being passed around and put on hold for weeks I eventually wrote them a letter whitch they replied "There are no impact sensors at the front of the vehicle"!

I don't have any faith in ford any longer. Cars, service, safty or customer care.

Beware, this car is lovely to drive and looks great, but crumbles under the slightest amount of pressure.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 0.5p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviews content

NomisG 23.11.2007 16:18

I remember driving a standard Ford Ka shortly after they first came out. At that time it was the worst car I had ever driven and felt very unstable on the road. The 2 worst cars I have ever driven are both Fords (2nd being the Taurus, in America) and I would never ever buy one. Hope you recovered from the accident OK!

just.bcoz 21.11.2007 17:04

.,`,,`,Good review. Ithink i would loss all faith in cars if that happened to me :o) Lisa x.,`,,`,