Ford

Review of "Ford"

published 04/09/2011 | rob73
Member since : 04/09/2011
Pro None
Cons Expensive, Car Not Fixed, Uninterested Staff.
Price
Service
Efficiency
After sales service

"£1300, Mondeo Repair Gone Bad!!"

I took my 2003 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi for repair after the diesel fuel pump failed. Fordthorne recommended that I also change the rear break disks and pads which I agreed to. The car was an A1 runner, with a relatively low mileage other than this.

When I came to collect the car, the engine was rough running and blowing thick grey smoke from the exhaust. It sounded and looked like it was only running on three cylinders! I spoke to one of their engineers about it, but he was uninterested and said it was like that when it came in! It most certainly was not! The manager agreed to look at it over the following week.

When I picked the car up a week later, all appeared to be ok, although I noticed that the engine had been warmed up which I thought was odd. The following morning, I found that the engine was still extremely rough running, just as before!

So what did they do? Put a brick on the accelerator for an hour I suspected!

I paid £1300 for this repair and had to sell the car, at a considerable loss afterwards. I will NEVER do business with these people ever again!!!