Fords of Winsford Car Supermarket

Fords of Winsford Car Supermarket

Review of "Fords of Winsford Car Supermarket"

published 15/01/2004 | jofus2004
Member since : 10/01/2004
Good
Pro Vast Range of vehicles
Cons Poor trade in values
Price
Service
Efficiency

"To Buy or not to buy"

First impression of FOW is the vast range of vehicles on display.I found no pressure to buy in fact the operation is simple look for a vehicle which suits your needs and pocket then collect the keys for a more detailed inspection both inside and under the bonnet.Still interested ask for a test drive then an FOW person will ask if you wish to consider purchase and advise you on finance warranty etc.
I bought two ex fleet cars for my daughters from FOW and was quite satisfied one small problem occured which was rectified immediately.
My own experience was different as I wanted to buy a BMW and for them to take my car in part exchange.When I saw their offer I was shocked and they advised me they send most part ex's to auction and the keen prices offered on their cars more than offset the poor trade in offer.
Not convinced I shopped around and got a like for like vehicle at a BMW specialist which was more expensive than FOW but the trade in was much better and overall I saved £800 by shopping around.This happened again three years later and this time I saved £1200 by not accepting FOW's trade in offer.
The lesson therefore is if you are a straight forward buyer FOW is well worth considering if not shop around or sell privately.

• janeway15 published 24/01/2004
    We are currently in the market for a used car and had considered using FOW, but after reading your review with regards to the trade in value, I won't be wasting my petrol going all the way down there. Thanks for the advance warning.
  • SarahP published 16/01/2004
    Welcome to Ciao.. good first review :o)
  • magicloudz published 15/01/2004
    They sound inconsistent:) -Jon

Product Information : Fords of Winsford Car Supermarket

Fords of Winsford, established in 1959, is the UK`s largest independent family owned car supersite. With 1400 high quality vehicles at below average prices, from new to three years old, over 53% of our customer base returning to make 2nd and 3rd purchases.

Type: Car Supermarket