Review of "Foreo Luna Mini"

published 28/01/2014 | prettypolly40
Member since : 15/09/2009
19.02.13 - Thank you for all your rates!
Pro Cleans skin well, charge lasts to 300 uses, soft on skin, no reactions, portable, small, colour
Cons Price
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"New cleansing technology?"

Foreo Luna Mini

Foreo Luna Mini

***Why I want the product?***
I have seen Luna in different YouTube video's and magazines and liked how it was different from the every so popular Clairsonic that I cannot afford but soon realised Luna was in the same price bracket there was no way I could try this super new way of cleaning my skin until I got to free it for under half the price thanks to BzzAgent.

***About Luna Mini?***
Luna Mini is a revolutionary product that has the ability to transform the look of your skin and Foreo say their Luna Mini can do this in an incredible three days.
Luna Mini helps to unclog your pores that lead to impurities and eliminating the causes of blemishes. Skin appears visibly clearer and healthier looking with a glow.

Luna Mini has T-Sonic technology (or transdermal sonic to you and I), this technology pulsations through smooth silicone touch points on the device. This makes Luna Mini a new approach to skincare that is deep while being gentle at the same time. The design is travel friendly and fully rechargeable making it great for travel.
Luna Mini is also waterproof so perfect while cleansing on the go.

***The Packaging***
I found the packaging for Luna Mini to be the three s's stylish, sleek and simple. Clear hard oval plastic container with a flat bottom held my Luna Mini in the colour of my choice, which is purple. Opening the case I first did not realise the device was held via a clear port that resembles a charging port so be careful to pull your device straight out to avoid damage.

***Luna Mini***
My Luna was a vibrant purple, which I fell in love with. If purple is not your thing you can also choose from grey, pink, red and turquoise. The device is smaller than I thought but big enough to fit comfortably in the palm of my hand, the device feels so smooth and soft, almost like velvet and the silicone pads at the front and back really are smooth and none scratchy at all, which is a big plus for my sensitive skin. The silicone pads never need replacing and are hygienic due to the pads being nonporous it does not absorb the daily dirt and grime unlike brushes can. The back sees a port hole for charging but rest assured the device is full waterproof so can be used in the shower.

***Instructions***
As a brand new device for your skin and unsure how to use your product comes complete with instructions, which I found useful. You are told a little about Luna Mini, what it does and how it will benefit your skin.
Foreo state to use Luna Mini for best results is to use it for no more than one minute a time and to use in upward strokes on your cheeks, forehead, nose and under the delicate under eye area. As Luna Mini has different speeds the lowest speed is recommended for the under eye.
The instructions also state Luna Mini with a full charge can last up to 300 uses, which I thought was brilliant.

***Using Luna Mini***
I like to use Luna Mini after I have taken my makeup off so I am cleansing my skin instead of rubbing the makeup back into my pores. The first use I was a little scared to be honest although excited as since the birth of my daughter five years ago my skin has become very sensitive at times and I am prone to breakouts now if not careful so I was a little worried. I only use Luna at night.
First use: I use milk cleanser with Luna Mini and while the device is in use it felt soft against my skin and no pressure was needed as it gilded along easily. The vibrations we're relaxing my facial muscles and did not feel harsh on my skin at all. After the first use I noticed my skin felt smoother and dare I say brighter all ready?

Second use: I started to enjoy using Luna Mini so much the device turned itself off at the three minute mark but thankfully I managed to do my whole face by then but it felt so relaxing. After cleansing my face my face felt clean and not as red as it can sometimes look after cleansing. I also noticed Luna brings spots to the surface quicker due to the cleansing action which means clearer skin quicker.

Third use: This is when they say you will see the difference in use and with me still using the device only once a day as I quickly realised my skin doesn't like it twice a day. I got no reactions; skin feels soft, although there is some redness visible it is not as bad as it can be. With no makeup my skin looks clam, clean smooth and brighter. So far very happy and with only three uses.

Continual use: Continual use I can see improvements in my skin but nothing unfortunately makes me go wow this is brilliant and this is what I wanted to feel like. But I cannot deny this is a brilliant product does the job well and thoroughly. My skin goes in circles sometimes but a lot of the time now my skin is clear with the odd spot that can take ages to clear but with Luna and spot cream I have noticed the blemishes to clear quicker than before, which is a great plus for me.

***How much and where?***
You can purchase Luna Mini and other devices in the same range but Luna Mini is priced at £99. You can purchase from FOREO.com or other retailers.

***Would I recommend to others?***
I would recommend Luna Mini as I loved the way it makes my skin feel even after one use, no other product or device can do that for me so that was a surprise. I am enjoying the continual use and no where near out of charge yet (so I think). But the price is steep in my opinion so I would look else where or wait for it to drop in price.

Summary: A great device for those who are serious about cleansing

• Graygirl published 14/02/2014