Foxtons

Review of "Foxtons"

published 01/09/2004 | smbeeson
Member since : 24/08/2004
Pro wonderful website
Cons Lies, unhelpful, money makers, unreliable, disinterested, slow and rude
Staff courtesy
Staff efficiency
Value for money - of service
Comprehensiveness of service
Speed of sale

"A waste of money"

Last June I was looking for a place to live with my boyfriend that was nearer to my place of work and after looking on their wonderfully designed website (which truly is there only positive point) I though Foxtons would be a helpful, thorough and proffesional company with which to find and rent a property.
I
was hoever extremely badly mistaken. In the time leading up to you signing a contract Foxtons treat you like you are their only customers - anything for a sale! They offer free refreshments at all their branches, they keep you up to date with what the landlaord is doing, and offer all the information you may need. But once you sign on the dotted line say goodbye to your money and prepare to live in a faulty property with no help!

The property I rented with the company was managed by foxtons - at least it was supposed to be. We chased up an inventry on 5 seperate occasions and were assured it was in the post however we never recieved it. When the washing machine wasn't draining the water away it was us who had to repair it, and we lived for six months with a leaking shower, which destroyed the paint work in the kitchen below, stained the tiles and even dripped from the light fitting. No body came to look at it and Foxtons sent no-one out to fix the problem.

There were a number of things wrong with the property when we moved in, the hobs were burnt to the point you couldn't read which nob turned on which hob, there was an ants nest in the conservertry and the light fittings on the landing were not attatched properly to the cieling. However none of these seemed unbearable, or expensive to fix.

At the end of the tenancy we were required to have the place professionally cleaned by contract so we got a few quotes and decided to use the company foxtons had suggested - we now know why they recommended them. After the place had been cleaned proffessionally the landlord was unsatisfied and so foxtons hired the same company again and charged us for both cleans despite it not being our fault.

I waited for almost 3 months to recieve my deposit of £650 back from Foxtons (advertised to take no more than 25 days) and when it did finally arrive i only recieved £277. Due to them and the landlord conveniently losing their copy of the inventry and never supplying me with one, I couldn't claim back the money that had taken.

I am utterly disgusted with the service they gave and the rudeness of their staff during my enquiaries to find out what the took money for, and I will never use them again or recommend them to my worst enemy!

• Claiiiree published 21/03/2006
    I think the tv show shows them for what they are :(
  • ElizaF published 02/09/2004
    Sorry for the low rating but this really needs to be spell-CHEEKED because the standard of SPEELING really detracts from what you are trying to say (see what I MEN?) xx E.
  • honestwriter published 01/09/2004