France

Review of "France"

published 12/09/2009 | yolily
Member since : 31/08/2009
Simple is best.
Good
Pro Cheap convenience
Cons Unexpected survice
Physical Effort
Skill
Are they fun to watch?

"Nice city transport"

I just came back from Nice France last week. The beach is amazing just like the city's name, nice. It was hot, about 30 C and sunshine everyday during the three days I stayed. The city transport is very cheap and convenient. You can buy a single ticket from the machine on each tram station and use it on both tram and bus within 74 mins. After you get on a tram or bus, you need to insert the ticket into a machine at the entraince and take it out. The machine will print the time and the 74 mins will be counted from now on.

Just one thing I experienced when purchasing the tram ticket was unexpected. When I was looking up the map for the direction in a tram station a young man came to me and asked me in English, "do you need help? where are you going?" After I told him my destination he pointed the route in the map and asked me "do you have coins? two Euros, ok?" I replied " I have only one Euro coin, can I use card?" He " yes, you can and take the one Euro coin from me. Then I understood the one Euro is a tip for his service and the ticket itself costed just one Euro. But I was not very happy with this unexpected service because I know how to use the ticket machine and I just need some time to look up the map.

A good experience was the Office of Traveller in Nice was very helpful. It is located very close to the SNCF station. They provide every traveller who pop in a map of Nice city and even print out the bus timetable that you need. Many thanks to them.

• Soho_Black published 14/06/2011
    This seems to be in the category for the football side, not travelling in France, hence it's OT.
  • Novabug published 28/10/2010