cheung 2

cheung

Member since:10.10.2002

Freekee Drink Of The World

06.08.2003

Advantages:
healthy drink, has calcium

Disadvantages:
taste revolting, stay away

Recommendable No:

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. JessL
  2. mumsymary
  3. Kiera13
  1. GentleGiant
  2. TheChocolateLady
  3. Bigbaz

This is a new form of drink from Britvic. This is a new concept of drink with fruit juice soda mixed with skimmed milk. The sound of this drink seems quite unusual and the taste is certainly unusual and a taste which I don’t enjoy.

I have only tried out the two flavours which is “Strange strawberry” and “odd orange”, the taste is as weird as the names.

Each bottle is made of plastic and on the lid the logo “FS” is printed in a bold green font. On the front of the label which surrounds the bottle also has the logo “Freekee soda” written in green font.

For the orange flavour the bottle is a metallic orange colour with a bright orange lid. On the label there is a picture of an orange pulling a strange face with crossed-eyes and it’s tongue hanging out of it’s mouth.
The strawberry flavour is a metallic red colour with a dark red lid. On the front there is also a strawberry with a strange face on the label.

Each bottle has straight sides with 2 indented rims on the top and bottom of the bottle with a bubble motive within it.

The design of the bottle and the label are very attractive elements of this drink, and this is the only advantages to this drink. I myself do not like this drink but I am sure there are people who enjoy drinking this.

In general the smell of the drinks are very acidic and powerful in smell, the person next to you can certainly notice you drinking this drink by the smell it admits.
The appearance of the drink is quite milky as the drink has a pale white colour in it along with the typical colours of the fruit e.g. pink for strawberry and orange for orange flavour.
The taste of the drink is quite unpleasant personally for me. It has this sour acidic taste to it. The milk can’t be tasted much but the fruit flavour does come through well. The drink gives a sharp after taste in the throat so this is not an ideal drink for me when I am very thirsty so I will stick to my normal mineral water.,

The Freekee sodas have no added sugar so it is very good for you’re teeth, so that’s an advantage of this drink. These drinks are much more healthier than other fizzy drinks. For the strawberry drink there is only 5 kcal in a 330ml bottle. For the orange flavour there is 6 calories.

Both flavours have fortified calcium within it. There is 45mg of calcium within both the flavours and it works out to be 5.6% of the recommended daily allowance.

The natural juices within the strawberry flavour is 5% apple, 2% strawberry and 4% skimmed milk. The same goes for the orange flavour as it replaces the strawberry and also has 2% orange juice.
As there is more apple juice than the other fruit juices, I was wondering why they do not also mention the apple in naming ht flavour.

I bought my first bottle of 330ml Freekee sodas from Woolworths for a special offer of buy one get one free and each bottle costs 65p I think these were at such a good price because in one month time they were to be consumed. On average I think he use by date lasts for 3 months.

These drinks can also be found in snack selling stores such as Boots, Wilkinsons, Tescos etc. and at varied prices.

I myself do not enjoy the taste but if you want a drink with calcium in it this is your best beat, but be warned of the taste. I think kit’s a love hate thing like Anchovies.

Thanks for reading!

Lin

JessL 17.09.2003 13:56

This stuff is absolutely foul! x

GentleGiant 29.08.2003 15:42

I've never come across this before, but somehow I don't think I'll be searching for it. Matt

Bigbaz 08.08.2003 21:32

I really must try these..Baz