Freeze 24-7 Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Freeze 24-7 Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Review of "Freeze 24-7 Anti-Wrinkle Cream"

published 22/08/2005 | kollarosie
Member since : 30/07/2005
Good
Pro Wrinkles gone in a couple of minutes
Cons Only lasts around 12 hours
How easily is it absorbed?

"A steam iron for wrinkles"

Before I commence this review, i'd like to highlight 3 points:

1) This is expensive - 30g (1oz) for £65.00 - but cheaper than Botox
2) Long-term use will not reduce the signs of ageing
3) It's a pre-moisturising cream

MY FACE
I'm 35 years old and though I eat healthily, I am a caffiene addict and i've smoked for some 15 years. Consequently I probably haven't aged as well as I could have and my laughter lines no longer disappear half way into the morning like they used to. I have fine lines down from my nose to the corners of my lips and fine creases by my eyes.

WHY THIS PRODUCT
Before I got married in May this year I did a bit of research into anti-wrinkle products because, like all brides, I wanted to look my best on the day. Reading through a copy of the Evening Standard's ES Magazine one night, I came across a new product on the UK market called Freeze 24/7 Anti Wrinkle Cream. It claimed to visibly reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles within minutes and the effects would last all day long.

WHERE TO BUY
My local chemists had never heard of the product so off to Google I went. Freeze 24/7 have a website but it's based in the States. I didn't want to get caught out with delivery times and eventually stumbled on Space NK's website, one of the only distributors of the product in the UK.

A few days later by pot of miracle cream arrived in the post at work in a beautifully wrapped gift box. I couldn't wait to get home to try it.

INTRO

Freeze 24/7 Anti-wrinkle cream strapline is:
"Hope might not exist in a jar, but miracels do. This dream cream is for real and delivers a powerful punch against wrinkles".

WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO
Freeze 24/7 should only be used on your face. It is used to diminish the appearance of lines on your forehead, crows' feet, laugher lines, feathered lip lines and rosacea (don't worry - I had to look that one up too!). Once applied it gives the appearance of a firmer, fresher look and lasts up 24 hours.

PACKAGING
The tub comes in a red and green cardboard box with Freeze 24/7's distinctive branding and a detailed information leaflet about the Anti-wrinkle cream and other Freeze 24/7products available.

The tub itself is the size of a satsuma. It's oval in shape, made from a clear perspex (with a green tint) and has a flat bottom and a screw lid. The lid unscrews very easily and upon
opening there is a secondary thin plastic lid with a tab to protect the cream.

THE CREAM
The cream is white and smells ever so slightly of mint and watermelon. It's not an over powering scent at all. Consistancy-wise, it's very thick - and won't move a jot even when you leave the tub lying on its side for any length of time in your make-up bag.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE

Having tried the product a few times now, I've just about got it sussed!
- You need to cleanse and dry your face thorough - removing any residue of other creams or make-up.
- Using a small spatula (or one of your nails if it's long enough) take a small amount from the pot. Peppercorn size if applying to lines around you mouth, or Pea size if applying to area around eyes or forehead.
- Apply the cream with your fingers to the target area (the specific lines or wrinkles)
- massage very gently until it is fully absorbed. If you rub too rigorously then the cream creates a white residue on your skin. Likewise, if you apply too much at once. If you find that the cream starts to peel on your skin - wipe it off with tissue and start again. This isn't as scary as it sounds!
- Wait at least 2 or 3 minutes for the cream to be fully absorbed into the skin.
- Repeat the appplication a second time on deeper lines if required.
- If you find that the cream starts to clump on your skin - wipe it off with tissue and start again.
-Continue your daily skin routine. I don't wear foundation butalways use a moisturiser and apply this on top, and then continue with my make-up.

THE RESULTS
What this product effectively does is relax the muscles around the wrinkles. As you're applying it, you get a very strange, but not unpleasant, cooling feeling on your skin. It's like washing your face in ice cold water and this sensation lasts for around 2 to 3 minutes.

The lines around my mouth, the area between my eyebrows and on my forehead literally disappear within a minute and looked and felt much firmer. I needed to apply two applications around my eyes and again, the lines gradually disappeared within minutes.

An hour or so later the lines around my mouth, forehead and brow still showed no sign of re-appearing but I've found that under my eyes, although the wrinkles have gone, because the skin around the eyes is more delicate, the relaxing effect makes my skin appears a little puffy.

Apart from my eyes, my skin felt brighter, tighter and looked great all day. When I've used the product, I've normally applaied it earlier morning, but as I mentioned at the beginning, this effect doesn't last and my skin starts to settle down into it's old clothes at around 9 in the evening. (3 hours earlier than Cinderella!).

THE SCIENCE BIT

The active patented ingredient in Freeze 24/7 that makes your face ''freeze" is called GABA, which is an abbreviation of Gamma Amino Butyric Acid. This ingredient is used to release topical muscle relaxers into your skin . GABA is a naturally occurring muscle relaxing agent found in our bodies that acts to lower muscle cells activity. It might sound fierce but it's a lot, lot safer than Botox. And if you don't like the effect, you aren't stuck with it for 6 months.

INGREDIENTS
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Ethylparaben
Orchis Maculata Flower Extract
CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

OTHER INFO
Dermatologist-tested
Hypoallergenic
Clinically Tested
Non-irritating

CONCLUSION.
This claims to be an age reversal technology cream but I find this incredibly misleading. The effects only last for several hours.

I've used this product on many occassions since buying it but I've stopped applying it to my eye area. I probably wouldn't buy it again but despite it's expense, the pot I have will last me a very long time and will still come out on special occassions.

• RrrayRay published 19/06/2006
    really intresting- sounds like a great quick fix... if only it lasted! xx
  • emmiecole published 06/05/2006
    Fantastically well written and just the info as I was looking for after finding this product on eBay, wasn't really sure what it was all about but now I'm wholly educated......thanks so much for an informative review, Emma :0) xx
  • alli_beer published 10/10/2005
    Finally managed to give you the helpful I thought this review deserved, thanks - Alli_beer

Product Information : Freeze 24-7 Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Freeze 24 7 Anti Wrinkle Cream is a dream cream that is for real, and delivers a powerful punch against wrinkles. Watch wrinkles melt away within minutes; hope might not exist in a jar, but miracles do. This cream has been shown to give a 50-90% reduction in the visible appearance of fine lines and wrinkles within minutes of application. With Freeze's 24 7 Age Less Technology, this cream works to diminish the appearance of forehead creases, droopy brows, crows feet, furrows, laughter lines, feathered lips and more. In addition, acne scars, stretch marks, rosacea and enlarged pores also appear reduced. this safe alternative to Botox and other synthetic products gives skin a plumper, more youthful appearance and lasts up to 24 hours. It is tested to ensure it is non irritant, and is hypoallergenic.

Long Name: Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Anti Wrinkle Cream, Age-Less Skincare Anti-Wrinkle Cream (Natural alternative to Botox)

Type: Face Cream / Treatment