Friends Provident

Friends Provident

Review of "Friends Provident"

published 17/01/2006 | freespeech
Member since : 17/01/2006
Good
Pro easy to sell for cash at a later date
Cons did not perform well enough
Competitiveness of APR
Comprehensiveness of range of products
Product package
Efficiency of service

"Sold mine secondhand for cash"

While the policy was easy to take out and easy to understand, I got a letter for friends Provident telling me it wasn't performing well enough to pay off my mortgage.
Having contacted Friends Provident, they sent me some literature regarding it's performance and what I could do ti rctify the situation, including taking out another Friends Provident policy to top it up.
I thought that this might not be a wise move, given past perormance, so decidied to contact the FSA and the consumer advice bureau for their advice.
They would not give me any advice, but did point me in the direction of the internet for the possibility of selling the policy on, secondhand.
I found www.sellendowments.co.uk and sold it on for more than the surrender value

• SnowiestElf published 17/01/2006
    as below, add more information and let me know if you update and i'll come back and re-rate.
  • rosebud10 published 17/01/2006
    Good for you!! But agree with the others, (sorry) . Try having a look around some of the other reviews out there. they might give you some ideas of what to include in yours. julie x
  • cokemusic2009 published 17/01/2006
    more info is needed for this review, get someone else to read it before sumiting aswell - Alun

Product Information : Friends Provident