Fujifilm Finepix S2950 I bought this first camera of my life just because it looks like a DSLR camera, which is cheap and affordable. Its has a Zoom upto 18X and zoom to a good extent. 18X zoom actually means 18 times closer the subject. You can have a fair quality with the 14Mega Pixel camera which is not Bad but not too good either. Being a Part time photographer can definately confirm that the camera is an average one but you can no get this type of Zooming at this cost. Fujifilm Finepix S2950 can record videos in HD which is indeed fair for a starter.
1) 3 Inch Digital Screen is big enough for a detailed capture.
2) Viewfinder is a small digital screen to be seen with one eye and this is similar to the Digital screen but acutally small. Electronic Viewfinder is an awesome feature if you're shooting outdoor and have a problem of battery to last long, using this feature you can save on the battery part. However 4 fully charged recharged batteries last long for upto 300 high resolution pictures and upto 500 using the Electronic viewfinder. This was one of the features i liked the most.
3) SR auto which is scene recognition meaning if it is a lanscape, close up and believe me the pics I clicked of flowers are awesome and shortly will upload them too. The landscape pics of a trip i did were absolutely stunning. But the pics you click in the night time are not upto the mark with the night mode on too.
4) i quickly Quickly uploaded pictures to Facebook and YouTube once I connected to a computer or a laptop and launch My FinePix Studio.
5) Face and Blink detection for me was not upto the mark as showed blink detected when my friend wore sunglasses.
6) About the memory i used a 4Gb SD card and clicked pics all day long and then transferred to the laptop at the end of the day.
7) Camera itself is tough enough as it was dropped twice as the strap was not attached properly but no effects.
8) It was easy for me to carry the camera with the help of the SHOULDER STRAP
9) The LENS COVER also saves the any dust to go and stick into the lens and keeps the pictures clean and crystal clear.
20) The USB/AV cable that i received, I attached to a LCD TV for better and bigger view and slideshows and the pictures looked bigger and clearer.
21) Other features like Custom, Movie, Manual, Panorama make the experience better. If you are confused about these you always have an option to use SR auto.
This camera is an awesome camera for someone who is looking for some clicks for fun and definately not bad for less than £150. It gives you an idea of how to click close up pictures clearly.