Fujifilm Fotonex 200ix zoom Compact Camera

Fujifilm Fotonex 200ix zoom Compact Camera

Review of "Fujifilm Fotonex 200ix zoom Compact Camera"

published 17/01/2001 | christopherbrown
Member since : 19/11/2000
Pro Crisp clear pictures, 3 photo settings (stlye of photo), various camera settings (long distance, etc), types of camera flash.
Cons Floresent lights effect quality of photo.
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"A camera with outstanding quality"

I have had a APS camera for nearly as long as they have been out on sale. I was not to sure wether I should buy the camera or not as they had not been on the market for long so no-one knew what the products were properly like, and what its faults were.

I thought I would try out the camera as I needed a new one due a battery leak in me previous camera, so I decided to buy the Fujifilm - fotonex 200ix zoom camera from Boots. There was quite a few cameras to choose from, but I thought I would go for this one as it was a mid priced camera and looked good and felt great to take photos with. The camera was about £150 but you can find them for about a 1/3rd of the price now.

The camera has a wide range of functions. These are:

Panoramic, HDTV, and standard photos
Clear view finder
10 sec timer
variuos flash settings e.g. fill in flash, background flash, etc
Zoom
The convienience of an APS film loading
Date / Time printed on back of photos for reference
Light weight
Compact

The price of the running of the camera is quite reasonable. The price of a battery is about £10 depending on where you go, but this battery does last a long time. The films are reasonable but again, the prices do vary from place to place, the the real price difference is the developing of the film. The cost is comming down very slowly, but is a bit expensive. It is about £10 for the developing of a 40 exp film and reprints are between 50p - 75p. This also depending on where you go.

The films that I use are fujifilm own brand as I think that for best pitures, you have to have the right film. The quality of the photos on a fujifilm is very clear and the colour contrast is exactly how it was at the time of taking the photo. The only thing that disfigures the photos that are taken are floresent lights, and the photos are not worth then having as you cannot see anoything.

I have not had any problems with the camera yet, and I have had it for about 4 / 5 years now. There is now a lot of cameras to choose from in they range of APS, but I think all of them will be as good as each other. I can however only comment on this product unless I buy every camera, but in the long run, this camera was well worth the money and still is.