Review of "GHD Obedience Cream"

published 07/02/2008 | ivytoad
Member since : 18/09/2005
Pro Really works! Makes my hair thicker and shinier too
Cons A bit expensive - but lasts for ages!
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"GHD Obedience Cream"

I was bought this Ghd 'Obedience Cream' for Christmas. It was quite a relief to have get a present like this since my can't-decide -whether-to-be-either-curly-or-straight' hair tends to frizz up when there is even the slightest bit of humidity is the air.

This is really easy to apply. The cream itself is quite runny so you just squirt a tiny bit in to your hand and then you apply it to wet/damp hair before drying it. It is not good to put too much on since it will make your hair go quite greasy, you really do only need a little bit.

The tube comes with a flip top lid which makes it easier to apply. The tube comes in a metallic grey/purple colour with a flip top lid in the same colour. It is also possible to just unscrew the lid to get the cream out. On the front of the tube it has 'ghd' written on it in the middle in yellow letters, and the underneath that 'obedience cream for frizz free styling'. I quite like the colour of the tube and I like how the design of it is not too complicated. This appeals to me.

Not only did my hair feel a lot smoother and behaved itself, but my hair also felt a lot thicker and shinier too. On top of all that it also protects you hair whilst you are using hair dryers or hair straighteners by helping the hair to retain its natural moisture.

The cream itself is white in colour and slightly iridescent. I really like the smell of this too. It is quite sweet, almost like a candy sherbet smell, but its not too strong. Just a subtle whiff when you put it on.

The tube comes in a 150ml size and is available at many salons around the place, I get mine online though since it is sometimes easier doing that instead of trying to remember which hair dressers sell it. I have been personally stocking up on ghd products from asos.com and the ghd obedience cream costs £13 from there. It may seen quite expensive but you really don't need to use much each time so it lasts for ages.

This is part of a wider set of Ghd products and this is step 3. You are meant to follow through steps 1 and 2 before using this, however I don't follow this 'step' process and have no problems just using this particular one on my hair.

Once opened the cream has a nice long shelf life of 12 months.

I would recommend this cream to anyone who has hair that tends to go a bit frizzy in hotter weather. I really saw the difference that this cream makes. Even if your hair doesn't go that frizzy, this cream is good anyway since it protects your hair as you style it!

• DiamondCat published 28/04/2008
    Sounds like something to protect my sanity! Good to know you like YSL too!
  • Expired-Account published 17/04/2008
    Not something I would use but a very detailed review
  • nina_in_the_bedroom published 20/02/2008
    Great concise review. This product sounds great, I might give it a go! x x x