Review of "Galt First Pottery"

published 05/05/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It is entertaining and good for the imagination and creative
Cons Nothing

"This was a lovely kit I bought for my granddaughter"

Galt First Pottery, my granddaughter's very fat bumble-bee on my window-sill

Galt First Pottery, my granddaughter's very fat bumble-bee on my window-sill

My granddaughter is a lot like I am and she loves arts and crafts and making her own things. I often display thins she has made me over the years and put them either on my mantelpiece or my windowsills etc. I bought her a lovely First Pottery Set from the makers called Galt a few years ago and I paid £8.99 for this lovely little kit. This is suitable for ages six years and upwards and it was ideal for her and it kept her amused and entertained for many hours when she came to my house and I was minding her.

This is a lovely creative little kit and it allows children to create and make their own little pots and various ornaments with clay and to decorate them in whatever colours and styles they want them to be finished in. I really think this inspired my little granddaughter’s imagination and she still enjoys pottery now and goes to pottery classes, though she has moved on from this little kit.

This is lovely clay for little ones to use as a first clay modeling experience because the clay dries in the natural air and there is no need at all to have to put the finished pot into an oven or to have to fire it like you would normally do. The little paints that come with this kit have a ceramic finish too and this makes them look really good and they have a nice professional finish, even if the pot or the model that has been made by the child does look a little bit lopsided, they are still finished off nicely with the lovely paints.

I think this lovely little kit helped with hand to eye coordination for my granddaughter and it fired her imagination and brought out her creative side. This is when she first started to show a real interest in clay modeling and this has grown, to my delight. She made a couple of little pots with this kit and she also made a very large fat yellow and black bumble-bee which is once of my favourite models and I still have to this day on my bedroom windowsill in the front bedroom.

This is a lovely little starter kit for both boys and girls and I really do recommend it to you.

• Coloneljohn published 18/05/2012
    Sounds like fun. John
  • aclevername published 08/05/2012
    I love that your beautiful cat is in nearly all of your photos! :) I like the bee as well - very cute! X
  • Walowiz published 05/05/2012